Bettinsoli or Berreta (or Browning)

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Be Wery Wery Quiet

Bettinsoli or Berreta (or Browning)

#1 Post by Be Wery Wery Quiet »

Views please for a novice just starting out so feeling my way a bit:

Conundrum for first clay shooting gun:

New Bettinsoli (£800) v Secondhand Berreta 686 pigeon (£1,200) v Secondhand Browning 525 (£1,200).

The Bettinsoli would be an Evo, Diamond or X-Trail type shotgun.

Clearly I will need to check gun fit on these before buying but as a general guide what are peoples thoughts.

Cheers.
Graham M

Re: Bettinsoli or Berreta (or Browning)

#2 Post by Graham M »

Can't go wrong with a Beretta. Just make sure it is still tight and hasn't been used for millions of shells. :good:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
AL8

#3 Post by AL8 »

I have had a Beretta 686 Onyx for over 35 years and never had a issue.
So providing it fits go for it
Polchraine

#4 Post by Polchraine »

My first new gun, was a Bettinsoli and I still have it over 10 years later. They are well made, look nice - mine was often mistaken for other Italian ones. They are a mid-range guns at budget prices and frequently praised in reviews. Supplied with three recoil pads to allow fine tuning of the length and a longer one is available too.

If you go for a Bettinsoli Diamond-Line and it fits, you will not be disappointed.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/sh ... gun-review

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

I have a Beretta. Most of the blokes I shoot with have Berettas. The majority of us bought other makes first.

In an O/U clay, sporting or skeet shotgun, I don’t think they have an equal for the club shooter.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#6 Post by GeeRam »

I 'wanted' a Berreta, but after trying out 3 or 4 of them, as well as a Beneli, and then trying a Browning 525, the Browning fitted me so much better, and instantly felt more comfortable to shoot and score with, so I bought a Browning.

If you can try them before you buy, what may feel right in the shop, might not feel right after 20 or 30 shots.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

I pull Browning and Beretta offerings apart weekly and have shot both as well. I would opt for the Beretta as it is a lighter and more refined gun, Bettinsoli are fine guns as well however not all are made by Bettinsoli, that also applies to Browning of course.

My choice for everything is either an English SxS or an AYA .410, again SxS.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#8 Post by Dellboy »

shoot lots of everything then decide what suits you ...
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Polchraine

#9 Post by Polchraine »

Ovenpaa wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:28 pm I pull Browning and Beretta offerings apart weekly and have shot both as well. I would opt for the Beretta as it is a lighter and more refined gun, Bettinsoli are fine guns as well however not all are made by Bettinsoli, that also applies to Browning of course.
So, who makes someof te Bettinsoli range? Their website suggests it is all in-house.
Ovenpaa wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:28 pm My choice for everything is either an English SxS or an AYA .410, again SxS.
I do like using my SxS - English from 1928 & 1930 or so ... the 16 bore is a wonderful gun both to look at and shoot; the 12 bore is rather fast having sub-25" barrels. I do use them for clays occasionally but trying to shoot a 30 or 50 bird flurry is "interesting"

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Sim G »

Wish I could shoot a sxs!!! I struggle with most shotguns as I shoot them like rifles!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!