How to find the centre of a hole.

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: How to find the centre of a hole.

#31 Post by bradaz11 »

£20 an hour seems cheap so I'm not surprised. you are in a skilled job in a senior role, do you not paid more that £20 per hour in your normal job? this is your time off, I'd want at least double time my normal hourly rate as it is essentially OT work, just at home
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#32 Post by Alpha1 »

bradaz11 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:23 am £20 an hour seems cheap so I'm not surprised. you are in a skilled job in a senior role, do you not paid more that £20 per hour in your normal job? this is your time off, I'd want at least double time my normal hourly rate as it is essentially OT work, just at home
Yes I am in a Senior role I get very very well paid for my normal job.
The money for this job was as well as my normal salary.
I thought it was fair seeing I was basically working from home and getting paid my normal rate any way.
The £720.00 I charged them was basically pocket money for messing about in my Shed. But it was mind numbingly boring work. While I was in there I drilled and tapped cases for other people. Drilled some 220mm long holes in another job made some pens for a customer etc etc. All paying work.
Alpha1

#33 Post by Alpha1 »

While I was in there I made 15 .308 bullet pens for a Guy that imports silencers into the UK he is the UK distributer he gives them to his best customers so I am told. He normally orders either 10 or 15 at a time. All paid work.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#34 Post by Dellboy »

Alpha1 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:55 pm While I was in there I made 15 .308 bullet pens for a Guy that imports silencers into the UK he is the UK distributer he gives them to his best customers so I am told. He normally orders either 10 or 15 at a time. All paid work.
would that be Bill ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Alpha1

#35 Post by Alpha1 »

Yes Bill.
Alpha1

#36 Post by Alpha1 »

They priced up for an outside Company to make the blocks from scratch I guess using a CNC machine.
They asked me if I would do another eight blocks I said no. They asked if I would do another four I said no. They got the quote back they are still keen for me to do them so we will see were it goes.

Dellboy
I am curious did you get one of the .308 pens. If you did what is your opinion of them.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#37 Post by Dellboy »

Alpha1 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:17 am They priced up for an outside Company to make the blocks from scratch I guess using a CNC machine.
They asked me if I would do another eight blocks I said no. They asked if I would do another four I said no. They got the quote back they are still keen for me to do them so we will see were it goes.

Dellboy
I am curious did you get one of the .308 pens. If you did what is your opinion of them.
i did indeed and wrote a post on here regarding it i use it for filling in the licenses of my customers always raises a smile .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Alpha1

#38 Post by Alpha1 »

Dellboy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:39 pm
Alpha1 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:17 am They priced up for an outside Company to make the blocks from scratch I guess using a CNC machine.

Dellboy
i did indeed and wrote a post on here regarding it i use it for filling in the licenses of my customers always raises a smile .
Ah yes you did I remember the post now glad its still working OK. I have sold lots of them since then they are one of my best sellers.
Alpha1

#39 Post by Alpha1 »

The original 8 blocks are in use and working very well apparently so I have been told. They are housed in a heating unit with thermo couples and run at different controlled temperatures for set periods of time. In a fume cupboard.
They have bought another four blocks and another heating unit. I am looking at the blocks they are sat on my desk as I am typing this. I will probably take a couple of days off and process them.
Alpha1

#40 Post by Alpha1 »

I have been told to work from home Thursday and Friday sounds like they are wanting these blocks like yesterday. That,s the down side the truth is I am set up for these blocks now and can crank them out very quickly.
But I am not going to tell them that.
But the up side is I get the rest of the time to work on my own projects. This week end is machining a cleaning rod guide for the Ruger precision rifle generation two in 6.5 Creedmoor.