Where's Glynn?

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Where's Glynn?

#1 Post by dodgyrog »

I hear the Hon Sec is missing presumed ill. Long term???
What's happening with the running of the 'show'?
In the meantime, I hope for a speedy recovery for him (if, indeed he is unwell).
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

Re: Where's Glynn?

#2 Post by HeatherW762 »

Yes, he is long term sick.

He didn't have much to do with Bisley Live after the initial set up, Home Office etc. It was Jeremy Staples who was in charge and, now he's left, various people are in charge of different bits.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

I hope that doesn't mean everybody getting a bit despondent.
I was at The BSRC Saturday and had a nice day. I didn't really talk much about the NRA much but the one or two I did chat to are worried about the organisation.
I hope things turn around and improve.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
HeatherW762

#4 Post by HeatherW762 »

On the whole, I'm quite upbeat about the future - not always been the case - there are problems to surmount but we'll get there.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

HeatherW762 wrote:On the whole, I'm quite upbeat about the future - not always been the case - there are problems to surmount but we'll get there.

Heather
Is that because Glyn isn't there?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
HeatherW762

#6 Post by HeatherW762 »

Not at all. Mainly because we're putting the two halves back together again.

Heather
targetman

#7 Post by targetman »

Heather.....good luck with sticking the two halves together. :goodjob:

I am very glad to see that the Range Office is now running much more smoothly and that accounts are going out on time, good effort.

I will do my bit and make sure our Club pays up quickly, I hope the other Clubs will do the same.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#8 Post by Mike357 »

As I have said elsewhere, I would love to see the NRA/NSC turn itself around and be a major force and I see some positive things coming from Bisley.

Bisley itself will always be out of reach for me and that is geography, pure and simple. However in years to come as the finances improve it would be great to see a similar operation up North, perhaps an old army base as the MOD look to close them down.

I for one will sit back and see if things begin to change in the next 12 months.

Good luck. :good:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ballistol

#9 Post by Ballistol »

Mike357 wrote:As I have said elsewhere, I would love to see the NRA/NSC turn itself around and be a major force and I see some positive things coming from Bisley.

Bisley itself will always be out of reach for me and that is geography, pure and simple. However in years to come as the finances improve it would be great to see a similar operation up North, perhaps an old army base as the MOD look to close them down.

I for one will sit back and see if things begin to change in the next 12 months.

Good luck. :good:
About 5(ish) years ago the NRA did a bit of a roadshow around the UK, in an attempt to rally support. The main message we wanted to get across was, although Bisley is and always will be the centre of shooting in the UK, it isn't feasable for large numbers of the shooting fraternity to use on a regular basis. Nobody wanted to undermine Bisley itself, but in order to attract new shooters to the sport, we need to have a better proposition than we currently have that is above all else accessable.
A Bisley of the North was the talk of the day but not a solitary positive response from the powers that be.
I'd love to think that it would happen, but have no faith it will.
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

There is the new Nottingham shooting centre that is in planning, they may even have started on it. I know the NRA have been talking to the developers but I am not sure exactly what the NRA involvement is as such.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal