New Arrival from Cambridge

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Philiphn
Home club or Range: NRA; Bassingbourn Rifle and Pistol Club

New Arrival from Cambridge

#1 Post by Philiphn »

Hello everyone!

I'm Philip, I've been shooting for over 40 years, sent 11 handguns to the furnaces and now I'm a target shooter, a deer stalker and an obsessive reloader. I own two Sako 85s, one in. 243 the other .308; a Sako S20 Precision in 6.5mm Creedmoor; a .17HMR Anschutz 1517 and a Ruger 10-22. When I'm not shooting I am a complete nut about coffee and have enjoyed being a member of a forum for like-minded coffee lunatics. It struck me that it was very silly not being part of a forum for the most important activity in my life (well, second only to being married to Mrs PHN) so here I am looking forward to learning stuff (coz we've all got to keep doing that) and sharing any shreds of wisdom I can offer up as and when.

I've already got a very puzzling issue I'm going to share with the reloading bit of the forum but for now, I look forward to trawling through the forum every morning (over coffee of course) and seeing what you are up to.

All the best.

Philip
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Re: New Arrival from Cambridge

#2 Post by Geek »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

Welcome from one coffee nut to another. Do you grind your own. I use a GAGGIA Classic pro for brewing mine.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#4 Post by 20series »

Hello and welcome to the forum Richard

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Philiphn

#5 Post by Philiphn »

Alpha1 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:26 pm Welcome from one coffee nut to another. Do you grind your own. I use a GAGGIA Classic pro for brewing mine.
I guess we must have an 'everything else that's not shooting' bit of the forum but yes, I stepped up to grinding about 30 years ago (eek) and now have a Eureka Helios 80 and a Rocket R58. See you in the 'everything else' section maybe!
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Philiphn wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:37 pm
Alpha1 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:26 pm Welcome from one coffee nut to another. Do you grind your own. I use a GAGGIA Classic pro for brewing mine.
I guess we must have an 'everything else that's not shooting' bit of the forum but yes, I stepped up to grinding about 30 years ago (eek) and now have a Eureka Helios 80 and a Rocket R58. See you in the 'everything else' section maybe!
Wow that is some serious kit you were not kidding when you said you were into coffee. Out of interest which is the Coffee forum you visit.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#7 Post by Les »

Hello Philip .... welcome to FBUK! :good:
Christel
Site Admin

#8 Post by Christel »

Philiphn, welcome :)
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#9 Post by Mattnall »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Philiphn

#10 Post by Philiphn »

Thanks everyone for your greetings. Always a very nice sign. Alpha1 the coffee forum is coffeeforums.co.uk. Has its fair share of forum politics and so on, but plenty of good knowledge on tap.