New SAS Drama

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

Re: New SAS Drama

#11 Post by Airbrush »

Graham M wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:43 pm And the toughest member of the group WAS gay shakeshout lol lol lol lol lol
How do you know this?
Graham M

#12 Post by Graham M »

Paddy Mayne didn't ever confirm his sexuality, and rumours he was gay appear to be speculation arising from authors and historians that has never been substantiated. According to the Irish Post (opens in new tab), Eoin McGonigal was Mayne's best friend and possibly his only confidante.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

Does it matter?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Graham M

#14 Post by Graham M »

No.

If I remember correctly Alan Turing was also gay.
Just having a bit of fun that's all.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Airbrush

#15 Post by Airbrush »

Graham M wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:49 am No.

If I remember correctly Alan Turing was also gay.
Just having a bit of fun that's all.
I haven’t watched it all, but I’m sure if there was any concrete evidence of him being gay the BBC would put in a gay love scene, hoping not to see one.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#16 Post by Ovenpaa »

They are simply portrayed as close friends, nothing more.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Airbrush

#17 Post by Airbrush »

Ovenpaa wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:50 pm They are simply portrayed as close friends, nothing more.
Cool.
Graham M

#18 Post by Graham M »

Graham M wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:16 am Usually when the BBC make a programme like this, the toughest member of the crew is gay and one of the best fighters is a woman.
Now come on lads read it again. The BBC made this series and IMPLIED that the toughest member of the group was gay. I just went along with it for a bit of fun to show that this is exactly what the BBC did. And it turned out that they had to imply that Paddy Mayne was gay.
My emojis shakeshout lol lol lol lol was just me laughing about this. Yes I put up a quote because that was on the Rogue Hero's site but jeeze I didn't expect to be on the receiving end of a load of negative comments for predicting what the BBC were going to do.

Ah well..........
Airbrush

#19 Post by Airbrush »

Graham M wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:38 pm
Graham M wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:16 am Usually when the BBC make a programme like this, the toughest member of the crew is gay and one of the best fighters is a woman.
Now come on lads read it again. The BBC made this series and IMPLIED that the toughest member of the group was gay. I just went along with it for a bit of fun to show that this is exactly what the BBC did. And it turned out that they had to imply that Paddy Mayne was gay.
My emojis shakeshout lol lol lol lol was just me laughing about this. Yes I put up a quote because that was on the Rogue Hero's site but jeeze I didn't expect to be on the receiving end of a load of negative comments for predicting what the BBC were going to do.

Ah well..........
It’s the internet don’t worry about it, for my part I was just curious where you got the notion he was gay from, from the first 3 episodes the way he was portrayed it didn’t come across as he was gay.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

Graham, being really honest I did not see what you wrote as being wrong, just an observation which is fine. I would not worry about it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal