Mask or no mask

Moderator: dromia

Chuck

Re: Mask or no mask

#131 Post by Chuck »

COVID vaccine chief thinks pandemic will be over in a year
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/moderna-chief ... 23812.html

The boss of coronavirus vaccine manufacturer Moderna has said the pandemic could be over in a year.

In an interview with Swiss newspaper Neue Zuercher Zeitung, chief executive Stéphane Bancel said increased production of jabs will ensure global supplies.

He said: “If you look at the industry-wide expansion of production capacities over the past six months, enough doses should be available by the middle of next year so that everyone on this earth can be vaccinated.
kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk In his dreams!!!!!!!!

James Morris·Senior news reporter, Yahoo News UK
Thu., September 23, 2021, 4:51 p.m.·2 min read

The boss of coronavirus vaccine manufacturer Moderna has said the pandemic could be over in a year.

In an interview with Swiss newspaper Neue Zuercher Zeitung, chief executive Stéphane Bancel said increased production of jabs will ensure global supplies.

He said: “If you look at the industry-wide expansion of production capacities over the past six months, enough doses should be available by the middle of next year so that everyone on this earth can be vaccinated.

Vaccinations would soon be available even for infants, he said.
That'll keep the child abusers happy!

“Those who do not get vaccinated will immunise themselves naturally, because the Delta variant is so contagious. lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol COVID SURVIVOR HERE lol lol lol lol lol

SO, WHY do I supposedly need two jabs to fly anywhere then eh - the JABBED are not at risk from me, they are at risk from EACH OTHER lol lol lol lol lol !!!!!!!!!!!! wallhead wallhead wallhead **** **** **** **** ****
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
knewmans

#132 Post by knewmans »

"Those who do not get vaccinated will immunise themselves naturally, because the Delta variant is so contagious." - or die. Chuck was lucky, lots aren't.

The rest of the statement from the article was "In this way we will end up in a situation similar to that of the flu. You can either get vaccinated and have a good winter. Or you don't do it and risk getting sick and possibly even ending up in hospital."

Maybe not so lucky next time.

I've met someone who had Covid twice. Both times ending up in ICU.

I will take as many precautions as I can to avoid it as it would probably kill me. Had a third jab on Sunday and I'll take the booster in 6 months.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#133 Post by channel12 »

Talking to a fellow shooter at the range yesterday who had tested positive for Covid when having a pre-op assessment in hospital. He was double vaccinated and had no symptoms and at no time did he feel unwell. He had to self isolate and subsequent test was negative but he is still waiting for his eye operation.
His positive test will of course be recorded as a part of the weekly new cases of Covid statistics and it does make you wonder how many other reported cases of Covid are just test results rather than actual cases of serious illness?

I do know that reported hospitalisations for Covid are around 8,000 vs around 30,000 "cases" but are all those in hospital in ICU units ?

And for all those wearing your masks indoors, outdoors and alone in your car, well done you, I feel a little safer because of your actions.
knewmans

#134 Post by knewmans »

How else would you determine it was a Covid case without testing? Positive test is a clear yes/no.

Why does it have to be "serious" to be counted? All shots count towards your score.

How would you define serious?

My local hospital has 60-70% of cases in icu.

No test is 100% specific or 100% sensitive. Do you hit the bull every time?
DL.

#135 Post by DL. »

knewmans wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:00 pmMy local hospital has 60-70% of cases in icu.
After speaking to people who know it turns out that my local ICU is also 70% full of covid patients.

Unfortunately for the conspiraloon theorists, the majority of these are unvaccinated.

It shouldn't bother me the means with how people have ended up in hospital, but I am concerned that the well meaning hard working individuals who live and work in the region I live in might not have access to a timely intensive care bed because some halfwits decided not to get vaccinated.
knewmans

#136 Post by knewmans »

Luckily the total numbers of Covid cases currently admitted is well down on the peak of about 380 at this hospital. 789 have died there over the pandemic.

The hospitals have changed, possibly forever.

To be admitted you need a negative test. For some ops you may need to isolate for 2 weeks with negative tests at the beginning and end. Limited or no visitors.

The whole infection control regime will tighten which may not be a bad thing long term but puts a strain on capacity currently when there is a backlog to clear.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#137 Post by channel12 »

For the record I'm not anti-vaxx, having my 3rd booster next week, nor am I some sort of conspiracy theorist. I've just reported somebody's experience of testing positive and not being unwell because he was vaccinated.

And the question re figures of hospital cases was because that information isn't reported in the headline figures.

It's just that raw numbers don't always give a full picture. For example the Council highways did traffic monitoring for week on a local 30 mph road. The headline report was that 50% of drivers were speeding but there wasn't any breakdown or analysis of how many and by how much the limit was exceeded and at what time of day or night. On an absolute basis 33 mph at 3am is still speeding but raw figures used in a press release don't a true assessment of how dangerous is that road.
All shots count towards your score.
Actually not if they outside the scoring rings
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#138 Post by Pippin89 »

My sister is an ICU nurse at a hospital with a dedicated Covid ward. The Covid ward is at capacity and the regular ICU is taking the spill over.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#139 Post by Dark Skies »

There are more than 166,000 cancer deaths in the UK every year, that's more than 450 every day. Far and away more dangerous than Covid.
Perhaps if the government had thrown the same kind of money at cancer as they have with Covid we might actually have a cure by now.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#140 Post by Pete »

:good: Well said....

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....