New (To me) Shotguns

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

New (To me) Shotguns

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

These came home with me today. They are a numbered pair of Cogswell & Harrison shotguns from 1915 ish is my guess and certainly before 1917 as they are engraved 141 New Bond Street on the rib. They have 30" barrels and are choked 1/4 & 1/2 for the No1 gun and 3/4 & Full for the No2. They are straight stocked, come with a LOP of 14 3/4" and fit me very well so far without any modifications. They are side plated and I have a feeling they are the Sandhurst model however I could be wrong.

Why go for Cogswell & Harrison? Well a pair of best London guns are out of my price range and I have worked on a few of C&Hs and always enjoy my time with them so I thought, well why not?

I need to give them a proper check over and get some oil into the stock, other than that they are good to go, although I do wonder if they will get taken out on rainy days, I have an AA Hodgdon for that :)
CH1500.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Fenix1

Re: New (To me) Shotguns

#2 Post by Fenix1 »

Very nice, will have to post some photos up of my better shotguns. Got a 1930s EJ Churchill 20 bore, and a 1890s damascus hammer 10 bore.