Anyone know where I can get this trigger kit?

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Anyone know where I can get this trigger kit?

#11 Post by 20series »

Barley99 wrote:I believe the Suffolk Rifle Company had these listed on their website when they were online. Does anyone have any contact details for them or have they gone completely?
no mate I believe he is very much out of business,

Have a chat with your local RFD I am sure they can probably help track down the UK importer.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Barley99

#12 Post by Barley99 »

20series wrote:
Barley99 wrote:I believe the Suffolk Rifle Company had these listed on their website when they were online. Does anyone have any contact details for them or have they gone completely?
no mate I believe he is very much out of business,

Have a chat with your local RFD I am sure they can probably help track down the UK importer.
Unfortunately I don't think there is a UK importer for the kits.
20series

#13 Post by 20series »

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/brandcollections/hammerli

Try these they are apparently the UK importer, they might be able to help.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Barley99

#14 Post by Barley99 »

20series wrote:https://www.pellpax.co.uk/brandcollections/hammerli

Alan
Thanks but no help there, not interested. Think my only hope is going to be a gunsmith to lighten the trigger.
20series

#15 Post by 20series »

Barley99 wrote:
20series wrote:https://www.pellpax.co.uk/brandcollections/hammerli

Alan

Thanks but no help there, not interested. Think my only hope is going to be a gunsmith to lighten the trigger.
Oh bugger, well not sure where in the country you are but Im sure someone can help
Good luck
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#16 Post by channel12 »

Just out of idle curiosity I looked what this rifle was and Google trigger springs. What I found was a YouTube step by step spring replacement video.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx25ZV7rkhc&t=465s[/youtube]

It seems to me you need just replace the sear compression spring (or cut a coil off it). I see you can get assorted small compression springs off ebay for a couple of quid and experiment. Or a spring from a ballpoint pen?

The rifle would appear to be made by Umarex which they sell under a number of different guises eg Colt M4
Barley99

#17 Post by Barley99 »

channel12 wrote:Just out of idle curiosity I looked what this rifle was and Google trigger springs. What I found was a YouTube step by step spring replacement video.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx25ZV7rkhc&t=465s[/youtube]

It seems to me you need just replace the sear compression spring (or cut a coil off it). I see you can get assorted small compression springs off ebay for a couple of quid and experiment. Or a spring from a ballpoint pen?

The rifle would appear to be made by Umarex which they sell under a number of different guises eg Colt M4
Yes, it's pretty straightforward to do if you can obtain the springs. Finding the right size and strength springs might be rather difficult and probably take a long time. Unfortunately nobody seems to import the kit in this country and nobody will send to the UK.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#18 Post by Mattnall »

channel12 wrote: The rifle would appear to be made by Umarex which they sell under a number of different guises eg Colt M4
And the innards are much the same as many of the other Umarex rifles (or body kit wrapped around a barrel/bolt-group), such as the Hammerli, MP5, G22, etc.
If the parts aren't available for one rifle you may find it is the same as parts from another rifle but with a different number.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#19 Post by channel12 »

Slightly off topic I had a Piaggio scooter which had a Honda engine and drive train. Spare parts were marked Honda but came in a Piaggio branded box but cost more. Fortunately the local dealership was both a Piaggio and Honda agent and made me aware and saved me money.
Barley99

#20 Post by Barley99 »

Mattnall wrote:
channel12 wrote: The rifle would appear to be made by Umarex which they sell under a number of different guises eg Colt M4
And the innards are much the same as many of the other Umarex rifles (or body kit wrapped around a barrel/bolt-group), such as the Hammerli, MP5, G22, etc.
If the parts aren't available for one rifle you may find it is the same as parts from another rifle but with a different number.
I believe it's the same as the HK416 and Colt M4. Neither of which are available either. Can't believe it's this difficult but thats the UK for you!