How many of you are still working from home

Moderator: dromia

Chuck

Re: How many of you are still working from home

#21 Post by Chuck »

Dark Skies:
I make sculptures from recycled metal. I don't even remember what work is. I think it involves getting up in the morning and stuff.
signfunnypost

Sometimes.jpg
Sometimes.jpg (12.65 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#22 Post by Alpha1 »

I have mainly been working from home. Over the last Month we have had two individual cases and a whole family come down with Covid the Mother, daughter, the Son and now the father who works for us he is a Shift worker and a key worker because we are a research facility.(Don't ask) Over the last thirty days my self and other Managers have been working 12 hour days and 12 hour nights as well as covering our own regular day jobs.
I am knackered any one who thinks this thing is a con or a made up thing is a f---ing clown.

And the icing on the Cake my brother in laws wife has gone down with it. So the moral of the Story is we are not out of the Woods yet. This thing is for real.
(Personally a good nights sleep and to get my body clock back to normal would be a bonus.)
Then I would not have to resort to posting on full bore UK at 01:30 in the morning. It is actually 01:18 and I am off down stairs to watch the news with tea and marmite on toast. Yummy. And no I am not going into work to morrow they can K--s my but. Good night peeps.
FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

#23 Post by FB66 »

I've worked from home for the best part of 20 years. The current company was set up with the premise of as many staff as possible working from home. We do still get together occasionally for family days, Xmas parties and celebrate any successes.

We have a good culture of trust and flexibility and it just seems to work. Things seem to happen and decisions get made quicker. One observation is we seem to be more agile than others. People are left to get one with their job and no distractions.
I am lucky to have a separate room as an office a keep some of the disciplines and routines so no living at work. The employees are given H&S assessments to ensure they have the right office equipment etc.

For it to work you need a dedicated space in your home and bloody good broadband. One other tip - dont make your reloading room your office.

Did the office commute three days a week into Central London for years never again

I just miss traveling to clients and our agents.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#24 Post by dromia »

I worked for 40 odd years and never got the hang of the damned thing yet.

Obviously I was born to retire as I am now in my element. work is extremely overrated as a way of passing the time 'till you are dead.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#25 Post by Alpha1 »

dromia wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:14 am I worked for 40 odd years and never got the hang of the damned thing yet.

Obviously I was born to retire as I am now in my element. work is extremely overrated as a way of passing the time 'till you are dead.
Totally agree with you.
I worked 40 years in the Chemical Industry originally for ICI with a final Salary pension scheme. ICI Sold us to Enron one of the biggest bankruptcies ever. Pension gone.
So I can retire and live on a state pension of £8,620 a year. Give up shooting and every thing else I wont be able to afford and vegetate. Or carry on working until I drop dead but at least be able to enjoy my hobbies.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#26 Post by Mike357 »

Worked from home now since 2002 so this is nothing new for me. I miss the travelling in my current job though and doubt I'll be back to Saudi Arabia or Norway anytime soon. As for sitting in an office or commuting? Bollox to that.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!