Have you been offered, accepted/declined the vaccine

Moderator: dromia

Have you had a C19 vaccine?

No, I have not been offered the jab yet.
13%
Offered and had the jab.
74%
Offered and declined the jab.
10%
Other.
3%

Total votes: 94

Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

Re: Have you been offered, accepted/declined the vaccine

#61 Post by Daryll »

Around here it seems that if you have the AZ jab, you get an appointment for your 2nd one... both wife and MiL have their 2nd dates booked.

If (like me) you get the Pfizer jab, you don't get a 2nd appointment, they contact you to book your 2nd jab at the relevant time..
Polchraine

#62 Post by Polchraine »

Daryll wrote:Around here it seems that if you have the AZ jab, you get an appointment for your 2nd one... both wife and MiL have their 2nd dates booked.

If (like me) you get the Pfizer jab, you don't get a 2nd appointment, they contact you to book your 2nd jab at the relevant time..
Mine was AZ - and told to wait!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#63 Post by channel12 »

I had my second AZ shot yesterday afternoon, no reaction so far. I only had a slightly sore arm after the first. Both were done at my GP's surgery and I was given my second appointment when I had the first.

I have seen it suggested that those with a strong reaction to the vaccine might have had Covid19 but been asymptomatic.
Polchraine

#64 Post by Polchraine »

channel12 wrote:
I have seen it suggested that those with a strong reaction to the vaccine might have had Covid19 but been asymptomatic.
An uncle of mine - 90 yo, had no symptoms and went for the vaccination. A couple of days later, his cleaner arrived and told him he looked awful and called an ambulance. Straight into hospital where they thought it was an adverse reaction, however tests came back C-19 positive. 10 days in hospital before coming out and recovered.

It has been suggested that the vaccine actually saved him by kicking off an early immune response (my wife could explain better), and he can possibly point to where teh infection came from which was three or four days before vaccination.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
knewmans

#65 Post by knewmans »

Just in case anyone is interested, this is the gov. handbook for vaccination.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... hapter-14a
millemigliadave
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#66 Post by millemigliadave »

Been offered (am located in Wales, so somewhat behind similar age groups in England) and booked for Good Friday.

Dave
Chuck

#67 Post by Chuck »

Not been offered yet but it's available on demand - Chinese guff so no thanks. Don't want any of them. Why trust something that we are goig to be FORCED to have?!

is "I've been vaccinated" replacing "I'm a vegan" by any chance?
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#68 Post by GeeRam »

Geek wrote:I had mine Thursday afternoon (AstraZeneca), felt OK until Friday evening, then awful for the rest of Friday (went to bed early) and all of Saturday (went to bed early). Finally felt much better Sunday morning.
Similar to me, had my AZ jab 9.30am on Fri 19th, and felt OK until about 6.00pm that evening and within a few hours had taken myself off to bed as I felt I'd been hit by a truck.
12 hours of bad flu like feeling, then gradually eased off over next 24hrs, and fine after that.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#69 Post by channel12 »

channel12 wrote:I had my second AZ shot yesterday afternoon, no reaction so far. I only had a slightly sore arm after the first. Both were done at my GP's surgery and I was given my second appointment when I had the first.

Update; took myself off for 5 mile walk yesterday and still no adverse reaction.
Chuck

#70 Post by Chuck »

Three of my friends had severe leg problems...unable to walk in one case......It's early days yet. The REAL effects will become known over time.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!