Vaccination and public/private coercion

Moderator: dromia

Chuck

Vaccination and public/private coercion

#1 Post by Chuck »

Vaccination and public/private coercion INTERESTING! Well worth a read!

https://ukhumanrightsblog.com/2021/02/1 ... -coercion/
In an earlier post I discussed the problem of “vaccine hesitancy” and written evidence to Parliament to Parliament outlining ways in which a vaccination against Covid-19 without consent could be put on a par with capacity under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and with Section 3 of the Mental Health Act 1983.

Since the announcement of successful clinical trials for the vaccination was made in mid-December, the prospect of population-wide vaccinations has become a reality, and, whilst there are still supply problems, there is no doubt that the issue of medical intervention without consent being made mandatory either through private channels has begun to exercise legal minds across the country. Saga cruise line and the airline Qantas for example have indicated their intention to refuse non vaccinated passengers.

Such private prohibitions may have almost as broad an effect as the restrictions on civil liberties passed under the Coronavirus Act since lockdown was declared on March 23 2020 (more specifically, the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020).
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Vaccination and public/private coercion

#2 Post by Pippin89 »

It may be a persons "right" not to have the vaccine, but it is also the right of travel companies to refuse to take a passenger that they deem poses a risk, and also the right of the rest of the population to not be in contact with someone who has not had it.
I assume the result will be all public spaces requiring vaccination in order to enter, they are talking about people being issued a scannable code as proof, and I'm all for that.
The anti-vax movement have a lot to answer for!
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Bunch of nutters.

I will always remember the empty hospital exit corridor being filmed in the middle of the night to prove that the hospitals were not over run.

Defies normal thinking.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by Pete »

There's a subtle difference between vaccination being made mandatory, and requiring proof of vaccination to access certain places/services.
The NHS is prepared to treat self-harmers such as smokers, alcoholics and other drug addicts, (and imagine the outcry if they refused...)
But what if it was a case of "no jab?, no treatment..."

Had mine a couple of weeks ago, but now I keep reaching for my phone and credit card every time I see a TV add for an electric reclining armchair... 5mith
The nano -trackers have bedded in nicely, though....

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

Pete lol
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#6 Post by Pippin89 »

Pete wrote:There's a subtle difference between vaccination being made mandatory, and requiring proof of vaccination to access certain places/services.
The NHS is prepared to treat self-harmers such as smokers, alcoholics and other drug addicts, (and imagine the outcry if they refused...)
But what if it was a case of "no jab?, no treatment..."

Had mine a couple of weeks ago, but now I keep reaching for my phone and credit card every time I see a TV add for an electric reclining armchair... 5mith
The nano -trackers have bedded in nicely, though....

Pete
My missus had hers and I found her that night on the Microsoft website with my credit card in hand! lol
Polchraine

#7 Post by Polchraine »

My mother-in-law was in hospital, dementia and related problems. Tested, I believe, twice a week, but NEVER given the option of being vaccinated even though she was 85 and in a risky environment.

Last Friday we heard she had tested positive with just minor symptoms, on Sunday told she had gone down hill very rapidly, and she passed away at 4:00 am Tuesday.

My sister-in-law had asked the hospital about vaccinations on more than one occasion and it seems she was fobbed off - there will now be questions asked about why, someone at a high priority level, had not been vaccinated.

My 93 yo father-in-law had his vaccination a few weeks back - his GP sent a nurse to him at home.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
stottycake
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#8 Post by stottycake »

Pippin89 wrote:It may be a persons "right" not to have the vaccine, but it is also the right of travel companies to refuse to take a passenger that they deem poses a risk, and also the right of the rest of the population to not be in contact with someone who has not had it.
I assume the result will be all public spaces requiring vaccination in order to enter, they are talking about people being issued a scannable code as proof, and I'm all for that.
The anti-vax movement have a lot to answer for!

Well said,couldn't agree more,
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

Sorry to hear that Polchraine, that situation does raise a few questions, doesn't it.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#10 Post by Pete »

Like everything else in this country, when it comes to any kind of social service, it's a postcode lottery......and you also have to hope that whoever is administrating the service has at least half a brain...

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....