Grand Power K22 Light Striking

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

Re: Grand Power K22 Light Striking

#11 Post by J4mes »

Mine does this despite vigorous cleaning and multiple brands of ammo.

Hammer spring it is then!
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#12 Post by Zilberbak »

OK, l am convinced and hammer spring to be changed.

Many thanks for the replies and what sounds to be the solution.

Cheers
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

To be honest the search for the light strike problem on my K-22 soured my ownership of it.

So, I sold it in January, which was handy as that was the start of 5 months of unemployment due to Covid.

JammyGuns

#14 Post by JammyGuns »

Does anyone have contact details for cotswoldclassicarms other than facebook. I've searched google and can't find anything.

I have similar problems with my K22...
Zilberbak

#15 Post by Zilberbak »

Use Messenger as Oto is very busy and appears to be a man alone at the moment. I have asked him to send me a series 2 hammer spring as with COVID is preventing a visit and l am only 15 miles from him. There is a video on YouTube for an Excalibur take down and rebuild and it doesn’t look too arduous as it’s only about 4 pins. You don’t have to touch the trigger group.
Zilberbak

David24

#16 Post by David24 »

JammyGuns wrote:Does anyone have contact details for cotswoldclassicarms other than facebook. I've searched google and can't find anything.

I've always, and recently contacted him via his email of oto@cotswoldclassicarms.co.uk

Hopefully, I'm alright putting this here, since he is a RFD and I struggled to find contact information for him as I don't use Facebook, and he seems to be the main contact for the K22 and this common issue.
JammyGuns

#17 Post by JammyGuns »

Many thanks. I only intend to buy a recoil spring set and will otherwise keep everything short and sweet. My slide seems to have trouble going completely home once I've gone 2 or 3 mags in from clean - it looks like it has but hasn't. Upon taking the slide off I found that I only have one recoil spring fitted and believe I'm meant to have 2.
Zilberbak

#18 Post by Zilberbak »

There are two springs one universal larger diameter spring and one smaller diameter spring that comes in two option standard velocity and HV. The choice of ammunition obviously dictating the smaller spring that you use.

Dumb question but why two springs, l can understand the choice of the smaller springs dependant on ammunition, but why not just one large spring with two options for ammunition type?
Zilberbak

BamBam

#19 Post by BamBam »

The earliest set up was 2 springs, the latest springs I got from Scott were a single spring.
Hairydavey
Home club or Range: Looe Rifle/Pistol Club, Dutchy Shooting Association.

#20 Post by Hairydavey »

Thank you for the info. My K22 is working fine but as it's an early version I would like to pick up some spare springs and firing pin.
David24 wrote:
JammyGuns wrote:Does anyone have contact details for cotswoldclassicarms other than facebook. I've searched google and can't find anything.

I've always, and recently contacted him via his email of oto@cotswoldclassicarms.co.uk

Hopefully, I'm alright putting this here, since he is a RFD and I struggled to find contact information for him as I don't use Facebook, and he seems to be the main contact for the K22 and this common issue.