Scam or breaking the law?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Scam or breaking the law?

#41 Post by GeeRam »

Odd Job wrote:Speaking of Vulcans, if I am not mistaken, there was one on a stand outside a business in Bournemouth back in the 1990s. It's a shame I didn't take any pictures of it, but I walked past it on my way to work. That was in 1990/91.
My Google-Fu fails me in a search for that plane or its history.
Afraid not.
There has never been a complete Vulcan at Hurn, in the 1990's or any other time, other than when '558 was there for a flying display, and then that would have only been before 1993, and after 2007.

The nose section of Vulcan B.2MRR, XH537 has been there since 2001 where it was restored, and then sold to the museum at Hurn (as mentioned above)

Here it is back in 2009.

Odd Job

#42 Post by Odd Job »

Pete and GeeRam, this aircraft was definitely out front of a business, when I was in Bournemouth back in 1990/1991.
It may have been the Christchurch area, I'll have to go on Streetview and see if I can remember the road.
The other option is I could have the plane wrong but I doubt it, it is very distinctive.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
Odd Job

#43 Post by Odd Job »

I was wrong about the plane. I asked the museum and they say it was a Sea Vixen parked on Somerford road.

Sorry for the confusion chaps, it was a long time ago and my memory of the plane is that it was much larger than a Vixen, but there you have it.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#44 Post by Pete »

Off topic maybe, but this is (or rather will be) worth a visit if you're in the area:

https://museumofberkshireaviation.co.uk/

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....