swiss K31

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: swiss K31

#11 Post by kennyc »

Jamesthut wrote:Very nice - thanks for sharing. I have a 1954 made K31, also with a troop tag. I've recently installed a left hand operating rod to make it easier for me to cycle the bolt. May well do a little post about it soon.
just as an aside, was your profile picture taken at Guntelsey Thun?
Jamesthut
Home club or Range: London Historic Shooting Club

#12 Post by Jamesthut »

kennyc wrote:just as an aside, was your profile picture taken at Guntelsey Thun?
Well spotted. Yes indeed. I had the pleasure of shooting there in 2018 with the British Alpine Rifles.
kennyc

#13 Post by kennyc »

Jamesthut wrote:
kennyc wrote:just as an aside, was your profile picture taken at Guntelsey Thun?
Well spotted. Yes indeed. I had the pleasure of shooting there in 2018 with the British Alpine Rifles.
if it was the autumn meeting I may well have been stood behind you , cheers are you still a member ?
Jamesthut

#14 Post by Jamesthut »

kennyc wrote:
Jamesthut wrote:
if it was the autumn meeting I may well have been stood behind you , cheers are you still a member ?
Ah it was the Easter meeting. Didn't make it for the Autumn one. I believe my membership application was still in process just before excrement hit the fan last year so I'm not sure of the status. I do plan to become a member. Are you?
kennyc

#15 Post by kennyc »

Ah it was the Easter meeting. Didn't make it for the Autumn one. I believe my membership application was still in process just before excrement hit the fan last year so I'm not sure of the status. I do plan to become a member. Are you?
Yes sir, I managed the 2 autumn meets and fell foul of the virus for last year, this year I'm hoping to do both (if the easter one goes ahead) the club moves slowly but if you havent heard pm me your details and I will forward to the chairman
Jamesthut

#16 Post by Jamesthut »

kennyc wrote: Yes sir, I managed the 2 autumn meets and fell foul of the virus for last year, this year I'm hoping to do both (if the easter one goes ahead) the club moves slowly but if you havent heard pm me your details and I will forward to the chairman
A few us from my club were geared up to attend in Easter last year but as you say that all unfortunately fell through. Very much hoping to make it to the next one, whenever that may be.

I don't blame them for being slow given the situation, although would be good to know the status of my application. As soon as I am granted the ability to PM I shall do so, thanks! Still a new member here.
CrumpCP

#17 Post by CrumpCP »

Jamesthut wrote:Very nice - thanks for sharing. I have a 1954 made K31, also with a troop tag. I've recently installed a left hand operating rod to make it easier for me to cycle the bolt. May well do a little post about it soon.
I would be very interested in seeing the left hand operating rod, i didn't know you could get one for the K31.
Jamesthut

#18 Post by Jamesthut »

CrumpCP wrote:I would be very interested in seeing the left hand operating rod, i didn't know you could get one for the K31.
Attachments
140537305_189381649630147_668028227934496446_n.jpg
kennyc

#19 Post by kennyc »

CrumpCP wrote:
I would be very interested in seeing the left hand operating rod, i didn't know you could get one for the K31.
Pierre at Swiss products is currently producing them
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#20 Post by redcat »

Interesting site.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.