Hello from Arizona

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

yellowhand
Home club or Range: Sierra Vista AZ gun club

Re: Hello from Arizona

#11 Post by yellowhand »

DaveB wrote:Whereabouts in Arizona are you located?
My mail box is in Hereford AZ, but my home is between Hereford and Bisbee/Naco AZ down along the Mexican border area.
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#12 Post by 1066 »

Hi there - welcome to the forum.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Mattnall
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#13 Post by Mattnall »

Hello and welcome :wave:

I used to be a member of Rio Salado Sportsman Club as we spent so much time in Az, bit further north from you though.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Mauserbill
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Range

#14 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
And welcome, "O`h to be in Arizona"
Protect your 2nd Amendment rights or you end up like the UK shooters.
yellowhand

#15 Post by yellowhand »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
And welcome, "O`h to be in Arizona"
Protect your 2nd Amendment rights or you end up like the UK shooters.
American gun owners, added another new 25,000,000 or so in just the last 6 months or so, a record year, and set to break all time yearly records, pay very close attention to the UK, Australia, and NZ, our English speaking cousins.

When the lunatics gain control every now and then here, they pull out the play book used in other countries to try and grab guns.

We're still able to stymie most of their more stupid efforts, through our court system. Getting SC Justice Barrett onto the SC before this election mess, was crucial for our rights to be maintained going forward. 240 conservative lower court Federal Judges also is a record for us. Trump picked judges around the age of 40, so they will be on the bench for another 30/40 years.

Politicians do what politicians do,:)LOL but here, so far, the courts decide the issues concerning the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

And, our sheer numbers, best guess, around 415,000,000 privately held firearms, with ZERO registration lists in most areas, and maybe, 10 to 12% tracking capability in a few states. States that have passed registration requirements, admit openly, most Americans told them to pound sand, refused to register anything. Add to that, we truly have 50 governments here in the USA, and each state has a separate Constitution. Most of the states confirm our individual right to have and keep firearms, a right, not a suggestion.

We have roughly 500,000 law enforcement officers here, local, state, feds.
Best guess, no one really knows,:)LOL no tracking system, 175,000,000 to 200,000,000 gun owners.
Most of our police, have no desire to try and collect millions upon millions of military grade firearms from millions upon millions of combat vets living in their communities. Having been in near constant combat operations since the early 1960's, ugh, this country holds one of if not the highest number of well trained combat vets in the world????

What I hear here most days, is simply, I will not comply, now what are you going to do?
What happens when millions of citizens, with millions of them being hard trained combat vets, armed for war stand up and say, nope, we will not comply?
Nothing.:)LOL

We all live in interesting times.........
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#16 Post by snayperskaya »

Yellowhand, are you a member on Gunboards by any chance?
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
yellowhand

#17 Post by yellowhand »

snayperskaya wrote:Yellowhand, are you a member on Gunboards by any chance?
Spend most of time on the Fal Files arguing politics.:)LOL

Been there for years on years.

A member of the Smith and Wesson forum, but hardly ever post there, except for technical questions/concerns.

But no, not a member of "Gunboards".

I use the same name everywhere, yellowhand, part of my old radio call sign.
It comes from being issued Korean war era rubber gloves one day, which were bright yellow, in a combat zone, and the handle stuck for the next 24 years of military service.:)LOL
Stood out like a Christmas ornament I did. usflag.gif
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#18 Post by Geek »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#19 Post by 20series »

Hello and welcome to the forum,

please feel free to post pictures of all the nice things you can shoot that we can't and we promise not to be jealous as hell (much) lol

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
yellowhand

#20 Post by yellowhand »

20series wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum,

please feel free to post pictures of all the nice things you can shoot that we can't and we promise not to be jealous as hell (much) lol

Alan
I just put together/built a nice AR pistol, 10.5 inch barrel, fitted with a Romeo red dot to ride around in my Jeep Wrangler mostly.
We have Rem 870 riot guns in each vehicle now, some handgun or another, wife likes her 1911-A1's, but we've been going to some really isolated, even by AZ standards, :)LOL, locations, and the need for rifles is becoming more important.
You can quickly be 2 hours or more away from any help down this way in a hurry, so, water, medical kits,food, weapons are all basic issue for a lot of people down this way when traveling.

I've been looking around the forum for a few days now, don't want to violate any rules and such here.
Got to get a feel for the place.
Reading the accounts of all the hoops and laws all of you live under, its kinda embarrassing for me to post up pictures of the armory.

I had read things had gotten bad in the UK, not even sure if that's the correct term, I normally say England to cover everywhere there, but had no idea how bad.

My wife opened the hall closet that holds the hot water heater, and told me to clean it out of all the rifles and handguns.
I kinda stick them there, until such time as I can clean them.:)LOL
Got to get to cleaning now.