Hello from Arizona

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Hello from Arizona

#21 Post by DaveB »

Hi from New Zealand.

Really envious of your freedoms. I was in Arizona once a few years ago, and went to Tombstone. Saw a sign asking patrons to check their guns, and I thought "How nice. They have left the old sign up for the tourist trade" Then some guy came in wearing a holstered revolver and checked it. Then I realised I was in a whole different place. I really envy you guys. Hope Biden and his crew don't manage to screw it up for you.

Things didn't used to be so bad here, but them some Aussie git ran amok at a mosque and we lost our AR15s and any semi-auto that wasn't a .22RF. We had guys with Henry rifles having to modify the magazine to only hold 10 rounds. Ridiculous.
yellowhand
Home club or Range: Sierra Vista AZ gun club

#22 Post by yellowhand »

DaveB wrote:Hi from New Zealand.

Really envious of your freedoms. I was in Arizona once a few years ago, and went to Tombstone. Saw a sign asking patrons to check their guns, and I thought "How nice. They have left the old sign up for the tourist trade" Then some guy came in wearing a holstered revolver and checked it. Then I realised I was in a whole different place. I really envy you guys. Hope Biden and his crew don't manage to screw it up for you.

Things didn't used to be so bad here, but them some Aussie git ran amok at a mosque and we lost our AR15s and any semi-auto that wasn't a .22RF. We had guys with Henry rifles having to modify the magazine to only hold 10 rounds. Ridiculous.

Tombstone is about 20 minutes or so from the house.
We can see their lights at night off the back patio.
Several years ago, we sued Tombstone, and won, in that NO city in AZ can write their own gun laws.
Our rights to carry openly or concealed is true throughout the whole state.
Bars and post offices, court house, and private property, say businesses, can post a sign, no weapons allowed.
We had several do just that when our laws changed, so,,,,,,,,,,,,we posted people outside these places and informed folks, and watched as most turned and went to another store.
The no firearms signs all came down quickly.:)LOL
Our gun grabbers really hate AR's,,,,,,,,want all of them gone, but, its the most popular sold rifle here, been that way forever, and there are millions upon millions of the things out and about, so gun luck doing anything with them.
6 months or so back, stripped AR lowers were selling for 29.00
Complete kits, on sale for around 250.00, millions upon millions of those were sold.
We're facing a RUN on anything that shoots, ammunition, reloading components, magazines, etc, rights now.
Our major cities are becoming no go zones, these leftist loons are running rampant, police can;t stop them, so people that never owned a firearm, are buying now.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... iday-2020/
Just last Friday, 186,000 back ground checks were run, another record I believe.
But, once check, someone could buy 1,2,3 or even more firearms at same time here.
And millions of us have a concealed carry permit, and none of us go through any check when we buy a firearm.
Fill out a form, stays local, no data base entry, can't by law, pay cash, walk out with a firearm.
Then, we have legal private sales.
Zero paperwork, cash and carry.
NO one knows hows many firearms there are in private hands in the USA, no real records, and nothing prior to 1968.
Many politicians demand we register, but we know, once thats done, confiscation is never far behind.
So, most/many/enough of us will never register anything, ever.
jmc67
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#23 Post by jmc67 »

yellowhand wrote:NO one knows hows many firearms there are in private hands in the USA, no real records, and nothing prior to 1968.
Many politicians demand we register, but we know, once thats done, confiscation is never far behind.
So, most/many/enough of us will never register anything, ever.
And long may you have your freedom, Yellowhand.

Always enjoy visiting the US. Was in Arizona a couple of years ago and went to visit the Meteor Crater. Amazing country - so vast, especially when you're trying to drive through it.
johngarnett
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#24 Post by johngarnett »

Mr Yellowhand,

We need pictures please to cheer up a sad bunch here in the UK. That cupboard is a good start plus pics of your back 'yard'!!!

Welcome to the forum. You'll have some fun here.

JohnG Cornwall
stottycake
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#25 Post by stottycake »

Welcome, :flag13: usflag.gif
yellowhand

#26 Post by yellowhand »

johngarnett wrote:Mr Yellowhand,

We need pictures please to cheer up a sad bunch here in the UK. That cupboard is a good start plus pics of your back 'yard'!!!

JohnG Cornwall

Here's the water heater and furnace closet.
Sorry for the clutter, its on the hallway to the bedrooms, and a good place for me dump stuff I'm too lazy to clean and stick in the safes.:)LOL
The pistol ones are kinda new builds, and the red caps, mean, they are fully loaded and ready to fire.
My primary house rifle, clean, ready to go, is the 16 inch barrel one, with the forward grip.

First time I tried pictures here, will see if I did it right.:)LOL
Attachments
004.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
yellowhand

#27 Post by yellowhand »

It worked!!!!
yellowhand

#28 Post by yellowhand »

johngarnett wrote:Mr Yellowhand,

JohnG Cornwall

Here are a couple more pictures, not very good with any camera.
We don't think of firearms like the good folks in the UK, Europe, most of other parts of the world do.
AZ law enforcement officers are so laid back when it comes to armed people, I don;t even think they take notice.
Open carry, rifles and shotguns it seems in every vehicle, and outside of Tucson and Phoenix, our two large urban areas, no one really cares what anyone has on them, or where.
Since I live on the Mexican border, anytime I travel north, say to Tucson, I need to pass through 2 Border Patrol check points.
I normally toss my loaded pistol, into the front seat of the Wrangler, when driving, more comfortable than a strong side carry in a little Jeep, and they look in, and wave me on, without a second thought.
Firearms are just normal here to be seen everywhere.
Attachments
006.JPG
005.JPG
003.JPG
johngarnett
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#29 Post by johngarnett »

Sorry for the delay in replying...couldn't see the keyboard to type for tears of envy!!!!!

Anyway, thank you. Nice boiler lol lol lol

As previously said it is suggested we don't 'publicise' our security. I am fortunate to have a man cave attached to the garage so I can hibernate after shooting and do the dirty stuff. All moving parts separated, ammo separate again in safes. Keys everywhere!! You do need a good memory!!

Thanks for the pics

Stay safe

JohnG Cornwall
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#30 Post by Mauserbill »

hello
WOW Rifle with red cap loaded and ready to go !
I can only dream of the freedoms that you have, I would be looking at loss of firearms certificate and probable jail time.
Well done AZ