Gallery rifle

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Gallery rifle

#31 Post by bradaz11 »

I wish it was only 2.5 hrs for me! 4-5hrs each way for me...
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#32 Post by GeeRam »

dgw65 wrote: Re the case hardening effect finish on that Uberti I only mentioned it because I read somewhere someone on about it flaking off the lever, which suggests it might be fragile.
First I've heard of that, and no its not regarding the photo, as that was taken about 3 years ago, when the rifle was only about 18 months old, and it still looks the same as it did when it was new, and still does after 4+ years use, with no flaking or anything on the lever or anywhere else.
dgw65

#33 Post by dgw65 »

GeeRam wrote:
dgw65 wrote: Re the case hardening effect finish on that Uberti I only mentioned it because I read somewhere someone on about it flaking off the lever, which suggests it might be fragile.
First I've heard of that, and no its not regarding the photo, as that was taken about 3 years ago, when the rifle was only about 18 months old, and it still looks the same as it did when it was new, and still does after 4+ years use, with no flaking or anything on the lever or anywhere else.
Good. Have to say the wood on that one looks way better than the (new) Winchesters I’ve seen.
GeeRam

#34 Post by GeeRam »

dgw65 wrote:
GeeRam wrote:
Good. Have to say the wood on that one looks way better than the (new) Winchesters I’ve seen.
If you're in Norfolk, you are not that far from Chatteris in Cambs, so may be worth contacting Jon Francis at CPG Design as he currently has in stock the exact same version of Uberti Comp as mine, but in .357 calibre rather than .45LC, but at least you could look and handle it in the flesh.
dgw65

#35 Post by dgw65 »

GeeRam wrote:If you're in Norfolk, you are not that far from Chatteris in Cambs, so may be worth contacting Jon Francis at CPG Design as he currently has in stock the exact same version of Uberti Comp as mine, but in .357 calibre rather than .45LC, but at least you could look and handle it in the flesh.
Thanks, yes Chatteris is local to me but looking at his stock list the one he's got appears to be round barrelled?
GeeRam

#36 Post by GeeRam »

dgw65 wrote:
GeeRam wrote:If you're in Norfolk, you are not that far from Chatteris in Cambs, so may be worth contacting Jon Francis at CPG Design as he currently has in stock the exact same version of Uberti Comp as mine, but in .357 calibre rather than .45LC, but at least you could look and handle it in the flesh.
Thanks, yes Chatteris is local to me but looking at his stock list the one he's got appears to be round barrelled?
?

Other than the calibre, its exactly the same as mine. Even states octagonal barrel in the ad ;)
Comp.JPG
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#37 Post by dromia »

This is not the for sale/wanted section.

Take such a discussion to the appropriate forum or the thread will be locked.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
GeeRam

#38 Post by GeeRam »

Sorry.

I must remember to stop trying to help out people, its such bad form on here.
dgw65

#39 Post by dgw65 »

GeeRam wrote:
dgw65 wrote:
?

Other than the calibre, its exactly the same as mine. Even states octagonal barrel in the ad ;)
Comp.JPG
Yes got it now, we're too remote for proper internet & mobile router obviously wasn't downloading all pages of his stock list yesterday 8-)

Glad I haven't got FAC I'd be broke by closing time!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#40 Post by dromia »

GeeRam wrote:Sorry.

I must remember to stop trying to help out people, its such bad form on here.
No need to be huffy and deliberately misconstrue my post, helping out is the whole reason for the forum so your claim is a non starter. There is a PM system so helping out isn't just restricted to posting on the forum.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/