Practical Shotgun

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff

Re: Practical Shotgun

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

BamBam wrote:
Victory Glow wrote:
Am I able to buy a box of 12g slugs at the RFD to try them out?
Do I need to get slug ammo added to my FAC?
No.
Yes.

Practical shotgun is more birdshot on steel targets, the slug shooting is a lesser component, usually only one stage out of 6+ birdhsot stages.
A 3-shot pump/semi and some clay loads are sufficient to find out if you like Practical or not.
This /\/\

Although in fairness Target Shotgun is the opposite way around ammowise.

Starting with a SGC shotgun also means you get a ton of practice loading which is extremely important for PSG :good:
DVC
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Practical Shotgun

#12 Post by bradaz11 »

Victory Glow wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:Ok then. Apologies. I've just not heard good things tbh. It is closer to me, and they also have sec 7, but it just seems too expensive to me.
I guess you get what you pay for and what you can afford. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Safety is exemplary, the staff are friendly and totally professional (ex -army / Royal Marines) and keen to share knowledge to make one a better shooter. If you PM me, I would be happy to meet up and let you be my guest (yes, i can do that because the probation is very strict and you have to earn trust). I shoot old military precision target rifles as well as lever action 357 and rim fires. In my opinion, if there was one place I was missing it would be here. Thankfully I’m getting my fix with an excellent local clay ground. Over to you,

Sent from my boing Xs via "An application" app.
I'll take you up on that. Always happy to be proven otherwise, and if nothing else, I still go for a days shooting. got plenty of stuff to play with :) you won't be able to read PMs until your post count is up, so I havent sent one just yet, but as soon as you do, I'll fire one off.

once the tunnel is back open normally, I'll extend the same offer
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns