MOD range access.

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

MOD range access.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I just got this email.

NRA Affiliated Club Access to MoD Ranges during Covid-19 Restrictions

The NRA has been working closely with the Safety and Assurance Team responsible for the MoD UK Training Estate to explore the feasibility of allowing access to outdoor MoD ranges.

The current Government guidance on the phased return to outdoor sporting activities permits gatherings of up to 6 people with 2m social distancing. The NRA, working with regional clubs and the MoD has developed a Policy and Risk Assessment to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines on outdoor ranges. However, restricting the MoD range booking to not more than 6 people on the MoD range makes it impractical to operate an outdoor MoD range. Furthermore, we think it unlikely that a booking for 6 members will be financially viable for a regional Club.

This means that for the moment at least, Clubs are unable to use MoD ranges in the UK. We have agreed to keep this under continuous review particularly if the guidelines change in July, as expected.

I realize that this is a frustration for all our affiliated Clubs that rely on access to military ranges. Please be assured that we will continue to work with MoD to get you back on the ranges as soon as the guidelines permit.

Nic Couldrey

Regional Ranges Manager

Personally I would quite happily pay for six separate lanes for six-shooters. But rules are rules I guess.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: MOD range access.

#2 Post by Christel »

With a Z...

Anyway, shame really. Guess we can all go to Primark instead.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

^Six shooters in the morning six shooters in the afternoon could make it financially feasible for some clubs.

Getting six shooters plus rco would also make a big difference, many clubs don't use buts markers.

Seems not too far off could be made to work for some at least with a little tweaking.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Chapuis

#4 Post by Chapuis »

Some ranges you also need to provide sentries in addition to an RCO.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#5 Post by shugie »

dromia wrote:^Six shooters in the morning six shooters in the afternoon could make it financially feasible for some clubs.

Getting six shooters plus rco would also make a big difference, many clubs don't use buts markers.

Seems not too far off could be made to work for some at least with a little tweaking.
I suspect the six includes the RCO.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

Hull Rifle Club has been asked to pay for two range wardens, it all adds up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Christel wrote:Hull Rifle Club has been asked to pay for two range wardens, it all adds up.
It's normal to be charged for at least one range warden sometimes two the charge is normally shared with whoever is using the MOD ranges on the day.
Adams's suggestion could work 6 the morning 6 in the afternoon. One of the Clubs I am a member of only has 20 members. For 12 shooters to turn up is average for a MOD shoot. So it would not be any different for us.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#8 Post by Pete »

The NRA is allowing six per firing point, not per range............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

shugie wrote:
dromia wrote:^Six shooters in the morning six shooters in the afternoon could make it financially feasible for some clubs.

I suspect the six includes the RCO.
So do I which is why I said: "Getting six shooters plus rco would also make a big difference".

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

So is about the financial viability of the club then?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal