Boyds Gun Stocks - International sales

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Boyds Gun Stocks - International sales

#11 Post by Pippin89 »

Just a slight update. I ordered this stock on Monday morning. The stock was shipped on Friday. And my interpretation of the tracking info (it doesnt give locations, just tells you when it leaves on facility and arrives at the next) is that it was at an airport ready to leave america on Saturday. In theory it should arrive in the UK today and be ready for me to pay the customs/VAT charges on Wednesday/Thursday this week.
So a week and a half for a stock to be made and inlet for my rifle and shipped from America to the UK. I would say Boyds aren't busy at the moment!
I will update when it arrives.
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by Pete »

This looks very interesting.............we have a Savage mod 12 F/TR (single shot) that could do with a decent stock (AT-ONE) but I can't find this rifle model on their inlet list.
I'll try emailing them.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pippin89

#13 Post by Pippin89 »

Pete wrote:This looks very interesting.............we have a Savage mod 12 F/TR (single shot) that could do with a decent stock (AT-ONE) but I can't find this rifle model on their inlet list.
I'll try emailing them.

Pete
I have watched a review of the AT-One on youtube where they used a Savage Mod 12 with an internal mag. Having looked on the Boyds site it appears it is only the "single shot" part of it that they don't list. I'm sure with a quick email they will be able to sort it.
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#14 Post by Pete »

Just had their reply..........no can do..........which is surprising, when you hear how popular this rifle supposedly is.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
MistAgain

#15 Post by MistAgain »

Pippin89 wrote:Just a slight update. I ordered this stock on Monday morning. The stock was shipped on Friday. And my interpretation of the tracking info (it doesnt give locations, just tells you when it leaves on facility and arrives at the next) is that it was at an airport ready to leave america on Saturday. In theory it should arrive in the UK today and be ready for me to pay the customs/VAT charges on Wednesday/Thursday this week.
So a week and a half for a stock to be made and inlet for my rifle and shipped from America to the UK. I would say Boyds aren't busy at the moment!
How is it getting here . UPS , USPS or Fedex ?
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#16 Post by snayperskaya »

Pippin89 wrote:Just a slight update. I ordered this stock on Monday morning. The stock was shipped on Friday. And my interpretation of the tracking info (it doesnt give locations, just tells you when it leaves on facility and arrives at the next) is that it was at an airport ready to leave america on Saturday. In theory it should arrive in the UK today and be ready for me to pay the customs/VAT charges on Wednesday/Thursday this week.
Not to rain on your parade but I've ordered stuff from the USA before now and it's sat in UK Customs at HWDC Langley for weeks before I was notified! :bad:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Pippin89

#17 Post by Pippin89 »

MistAgain wrote:
How is it getting here . UPS , USPS or Fedex ?
Its coming with USPS. Their tracking info is terrible. It just says "moving to the next facility"...
snayperskaya wrote:
Not to rain on your parade but I've ordered stuff from the USA before now and it's sat in UK Customs at HWDC Langley for weeks before I was notified! :bad:
I have never had that problem to be honest. I have ordered car parts from America many times in the past and knives from Japan. Customs has always been fairly swift. Never gun parts though! Maybe that will slow things down?

I am booked in for a shoot at Bisley on 31st May so fingers crossed it is here in time for that!
Mauserbill
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Range

#18 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Boyd's used to manufacture a good range of military rifle stocks "But no Longer"
Triffid
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

#19 Post by Triffid »

I've ordered stocks from Boyds in the past. Unfortunately they come via USPS and ParcelFarce.

As you've discovered their tracking system is poor and it took my stock a couple of weeks to arrive. Then import duty and VAT are payable, plus an £8 handling charge so they send you a letter. And then you'l l probably have to traipse down to your local Parcelfarce depot to collect it. Looking at their website, it's the only one I've seen recently which doesn't explain how they deal with C-19 restrictions.

This compared to some reloading bits I've ordered from Titan Reloading, who use UPS. . . Consigned 14/05, delivered 20/05 with import duties dealt with by email. Cost was $69 compared to Boyds/USPS which is $86.
Triffid
Polchraine

#20 Post by Polchraine »

Triffid wrote:I've ordered stocks from Boyds in the past. Unfortunately they come via USPS and ParcelFarce.

As you've discovered their tracking system is poor and it took my stock a couple of weeks to arrive. Then import duty and VAT are payable, plus an £8 handling charge so they send you a letter. And then you'l l probably have to traipse down to your local Parcelfarce depot to collect it. Looking at their website, it's the only one I've seen recently which doesn't explain how they deal with C-19 restrictions
You can pay online or by phone and delivery should be on the next working day. If they only have an address, how else can they contact you apart from a letter?

Detailed: https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-ad ... oms-charge

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.