Boyds Gun Stocks - International sales

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Polchraine

Re: Boyds Gun Stocks - International sales

#31 Post by Polchraine »

mag41uk wrote:I wonder what you would pay in the US for the reverse process?
As I understand it, you will pay DUTY at the appropriate rate on the goods (not postage), no Purchase tax (VAT equivalent), plus $6 USPS handling and $5.50 CBP handling.

Not sure about extra for Saturday delivery, however, if a send a parcel on "Priority Mail" within the US there is no extra charge for Saturday, all six days are the same cost.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#32 Post by Pippin89 »

US imports are duty free up to $800 value. So the answer is just the handling fee. Damn sight cheaper than this way round!
Polchraine

#33 Post by Polchraine »

Pippin89 wrote:US imports are duty free up to $800 value. So the answer is just the handling fee. Damn sight cheaper than this way round!
If there is no duty, then no handling fee either.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Hunterboy

#34 Post by Hunterboy »

With any luck, many of these charges will disappear if we get a free trade agreement with US.
Polchraine

#35 Post by Polchraine »

Hunterboy wrote:With any luck, many of these charges will disappear if we get a free trade agreement with US.
The only one would be the Duty element - would still have VAT and the inspection fees.

- Abraham Lincoln

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#36 Post by Pippin89 »

So after an inspection, it was clear that the barrel channel was no where near wide enough for the barrel. I can excuse that as it's almost definitely had a new barrel at some point so it might be wider. An hour or so with some sandpaper wrapped around a socket did the trick. Other than that there was a small clash with the bolt handle when fully closed, again not hard to solve. And the floor plate recess needed just a hair taken off the front to get it to line up properly. There are a couple of tiny dings in it as well but I guess that's expected for laminate. Its bound to break through and chip a tiny bit off.
Overall for £300 I'm very happy.