At what point do you batten down the hatches?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
BamBam

Re: At what point do you batten down the hatches?

#71 Post by BamBam »

It's common in Aldi stores all across the North of England, apart from the Blackburn and Rochdale stores, I buy my lunch in them most days so I'm often in the queue behind retirees filling their remaining days with trips to the shops.
As far as neighbours go we're all on speaking terms and a natter about local goings on is common.

Corona controls not introduced at work, but sure that work shy lot in the office will get something introduced that will benefit themselves.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#72 Post by snayperskaya »

"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#73 Post by DaveB »

Same down here in NZ. We went to the grocery store last night - not a roll of TP anywhere. Then the girl pushes a small trolley in heaped with 18-packs, and they were all gone within 60 seconds.

I guess we are pretty fortunate here in that most of us already have earthquake kits and are prepared to look after ourselves. Our only worry is whether we'll actually be able to traverse the winding steep two-lane road over the local peak (900m) to our farm, where we are perfectly prepared to self-isolate. Even on a good day that road can be a pain - full of people who do not know how to drive and is easily closed by even a simple accident - God only knows what it would be like with city folk trying to flee in panic.
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#74 Post by TRG-22 »

Flee now?

Or buy a Unimog lol
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
kevinww

#75 Post by kevinww »

if you get people racing to get in a queue in front of you, there is a simple solution, just cough to clear your throat, they soon move. I played a game in supermarket today, joined the back of a short queue and while i was loading the checkout, did a small cough every time i saw someone approach, nobody joined behind me. I knew the woman on the till as other half used to work there, explained what i was doing and they thought it was hilarious.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#76 Post by DaveB »

Nice one!
Gazza

#77 Post by Gazza »

I know someone who's got it now so it's a mile away from us. :cry:
Bovril
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Phoenix range, Barnsley

#78 Post by Bovril »

Gazza wrote:I know someone who's got it now so it's a mile away from us. :cry:
Is that swabbed, lab confirmed "got it" or self isolated as they are showing symptoms?
Gazza

#79 Post by Gazza »

Bovril wrote:
Gazza wrote:I know someone who's got it now so it's a mile away from us. :cry:
Is that swabbed, lab confirmed "got it" or self isolated as they are showing symptoms?
Self isolated, showing all the symptoms and very ill. NHS bods told him to stay put unless things get very bad.
He's a 54 yo taxi driver in good health wtf
Bovril
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Phoenix range, Barnsley

#80 Post by Bovril »

That's very different to a confirmed case, and that's the problem. People interchange the two groups adding to the hysteria.