Lantac Glock

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: Lantac Glock

#11 Post by froggy »

I don't get the fascination with Glock, you can get them here but you rarely see them at the ranges
I am a true Cz lover (I own a solid dozen of them), but as a service/tool hand-gun, Glock are simply just great !! In fact, what is not to like about them ? ;)

Now, as mentioned already, a Glock LBP sport pistol in 22lr for 1K+ ... I really dont see the point
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Andy

#12 Post by Andy »

froggy wrote:I don't get the fascination with Glock, you can get them here but you rarely see them at the ranges
I am a true Cz lover (I own a solid dozen of them), but as a service/tool hand-gun, Glock are simply just great !! In fact, what is not to like about them ? ;)

Now, as mentioned already, a Glock LBP sport pistol in 22lr for 1K+ ... I really dont see the point
You may not see the point, I do though. As someone who isn't privileged with over seas hand guns and having never owned a proper one it's all that is available to me.
So I'm very interested in this type of firearm.
ordnance

#13 Post by ordnance »

froggy wrote:I don't get the fascination with Glock, you can get them here but you rarely see them at the ranges

I agree as a service gun, but for the range IPSC police pistol etc they are not popular. And the range is where these guns will be used, light weight for example is a benefit for carrying, but not necessarily for competition. To own and use at the range Glock would be at the bottom of my list, for a CCW it would be near the top.
ordnance

#14 Post by ordnance »

What would people rather own and have at the range, i know what i would have.
Attachments
1024px-SIGSauerP226.jpg
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#15 Post by Gh0st »

Not sure why people persist in hammering LBP / LBR’s. its the only thing we can have that is closest to the real thing in the UK.

They are Marmite, you either love them or hate them. All for more variations in the UK.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#16 Post by FredB »

An LBP is just a re-styled rifle. You can have a real revolver in the shape of a nitro muzzle loader.
Fred
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#17 Post by Blackstuff »

People aren't REALLY expecting a Lantac Glock/Flock to be CHEAPER than the alternatives, particularly if its a part Taran?! lol kukkuk lol If that was ever made and was less than £2500 i'd be shocked!

I've got a GSG 1911 and I really couldn't justify spending money on another/replacing it with something 2-bowl the price. I don't REALLY enjoy shooting it truth be told, I only really got it to take part in the UKPSA/IPSC LBP matches and short lived multi-gun matches. If it's a choice at the comp to shoot either a .22 rifle or LBP, i'm grabbing the rifle every time.
DVC
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#18 Post by froggy »

I have one of those P226, and it's the very one that gets the least use of all my pistols ;)
ordnance wrote:What would people rather own and have at the range, i know what i would have.
On face value I agree with your statement that Glock by design as a service weapon is not an obvious sport pistol , however given its presence on the podium of various dynamic shooting international competitions, it demonstrates it is very able in the right hands.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
ordnance

#19 Post by ordnance »

I have one of those P226, and it's the very one that gets the least use of all my pistols

I have a LDC version of the 226 and a CZ Shadow to, i just the both to the range and would probably shoot both equally.

SIG Sauer P226 LDC II Tacops pistol: test - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com › watch

Stainless Slide
Stainless Frame Long Dust Cover (LDC) with SIG SAUER Rail Due to the Long Dust Cover the weight balance is optimized and the recoil jump is significantly reduced. The integrated SIG Sauer rail makes it possible to mount the SIG Sauer Optics Package.
standard small Parts
SRT (ShortResetTrigger) The new SRT Speed Trigger System with a reset of only 1,2mm allows unseen firing rates. An additional adjustable triggerstop enables the shooter to set the triggerstop to his needs.
adjustable triggerstop
HIVIZ FibreOptic front sight
adjustable LPA rear sight 'TPU' 3-Dot An adjustable micrometer rear sight and the HiViz front sight provide a fast and clear aiming.
E2-synthetic grips SIG Sauer E² grips guarantee a safe and ergonomic grip in any situation.
adjustable triggerstop
standard magazin with 17rds
ordnance

#20 Post by ordnance »

One advantage of the Glock is the price.
Description: **FOR SALE** **BRAND NEW & IN STOCK** 9MM CZ Shadow 2 Semi Automatic Pistol 3 x Plus 2 17 Round Magazines Hard CZ Carrying Case Cleaning Rod/Brush BRAND NEW ONLY £1095! For more information call Lavin Guns on 02827641204
Category: .Pistol : Hand guns
Make: CZ
Model: Shadow 2
Calibre: 9mm
Mechanism: n/a
Price: £1095
Gun Condition: New
Description: Glock 17 Gen 5 9mm pistol brand new Range case x 2 mags speed loader Back straps
Category: .Pistol : Hand guns
Make: Glock
Model: 17 Gen 5
Orientation: Right
Calibre: 9mm
Mechanism: n/a
Price: £695.00
Gun Condition: New
Accessories: Glock 17 Gen 5 9mm pistol brand new Range case x 2 mags speed loader Back straps