XTR 12 AR Shotgun

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

shellshokt
Home club or Range: KFC and TR&PC

Re: XTR 12 AR Shotgun

#31 Post by shellshokt »

Regarding cartridge choice. Some users have initially used heavier loads, i.e 32g, on a new RS-S1, and then changed to a lighter cartridge when the firearm was 'run in'. Mine worked fine from the get go with the 27g Power Reds.
My RS-S1 also prefers 70mm cartridges. Internally all I have done is a light polish on the 'sliding' surfaces.
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken
John R
Home club or Range: Altcar

#32 Post by John R »

Thanks for the reply, I have a few hundred Eley Pigeon Select 30, 70mm 6's that work well in my Supernova and Mossberg, I will give them a go when I next get a chance.

Does anyone know where to get a screw in, choked, muzzle brake adapter that fits the RSS1 to allow a GK 02/03 brake to be screwed on?

Also, has anyone had issues with the bolt release lever/button on the Armsan? Mine works fine with no mag but when you have a mag in it goes really stiff to press the button up to release the bolt. Most of the time it just jams and doesn't release the bolt.
shellshokt

#33 Post by shellshokt »

Hi John,
Are you trying to use the bolt release on an empty mag?
I have just tried mine with an empty mag inserted and it is also very stiff, with a loaded mag its no issue. However, I have never found the need to release the bolt on an empty mag.
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken
John R

#34 Post by John R »

Hello shellshokt, yes you are quite right, empty mag. What am I thinking, sure it will be ok with a full mag. Can't try just now as I have no dummy rounds.

Have you done anything with your trigger?
shellshokt

#35 Post by shellshokt »

Hi John,
Apart from pull it? :D
Trigger is standard, no mods.
Regards
Steve
H.L.Mencken
John R

#36 Post by John R »

Steve, I tried to order a couple of parts from ishooter.ru, I placed the order but they never took payment. They emailed to say they would be intouch when the order is ready for shipment. Is that what happend when you ordered your bits?
shellshokt

#37 Post by shellshokt »

Hi John,
Yes, sent me an email a couple of days later with the total including postage and a link to a paypal invoice.

Steve
H.L.Mencken
John R

#38 Post by John R »

Does anyone out there know of a gunsmith/engineer who can convert a screw on GK 02/03 into a clamp on, to fit the Armsan RSS1? Preferably in the Northwest.
John R

#39 Post by John R »

Steve, did ishooter.ru charge you an arm and a leg to deliver your parts? I ordered a mag release lever and a bolt release lever, cost roughly £43.00, total cos including shipping $112.00.
shellshokt

#40 Post by shellshokt »

Hi John,
I placed two orders with them, the first was for the mag release, charging handle and safety enhancer, the second was for the tubular forearm. On both occasions I was charged 3500 rubles ( about £45) which seems to be the standard express mail service rate.
Regards
Steve
H.L.Mencken