My offcuts bin is filling up again

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

My offcuts bin is filling up again

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

My offcuts bin is filling up again if anyone is interested. It is the normal mix of 6082T6 aluminium and probably some 7075 and 316/410 stainless.

Normal rules, goody sized packs for the cost of postage and packaging and what you see may not be exactly what you get however it is all usable hence it is not in the scrap bin and yes, there are some guides in there however they are way old build prototypes so there for a reason.

Probably the easiest way is just say how much you want to spend on shipping and if there is a specific size you are looking for. Very little if any will be over 25,0mm diameter.
IMG_5055.JPG
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

Re: My offcuts bin is filling up again

#2 Post by FredB »

I'll go to £12 on shipping. Tell me what I need to do next.
fredboulton12@g,ai;.com
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Fred, just PM me your full name and address please plus any preferences you have for material/what it is for and I will do my best to accommodate you.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

£20 postage.
pm sent
FredB

#5 Post by FredB »

have replied to Email from Christel. I don't really mind what I get. Aluminium or steel are both welcome. My box of odd bits of bar is severely depleted.
Fred
FredB

#6 Post by FredB »

Still waiting for details of how to pay! Or did I miss something with the E mail problem?
Fred
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Not had a chance to get it packed, apologies, it will get done O:-)
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks Christel.
I have just locked the shed up. I needed to use a long bushing on a mandrel to do a job. I knew I didnt have a drill long enough to drill one out more of a gun drill job. Hang on I thought David at the shed does this all the time for his bore cleaning guides jobbies so I had a rummage in the off cuts you sent me last time and low and behold the last piece I picked up was perfect. A little bit of tidying up in the lathe and job done. I have very few bits left I have used the of cuts for all sorts of interesting stuff. I look forward to recieving the next batch.
Many thanks.
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

It is a mixture of bits. Some solid, some thick wall tube and some extruded stuff. It is off-cuts and scrap bits so please do not expect pristine limps of metal however I am sure it will come in handy for something.
/d

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#10 Post by Christel »

Alpha1,

When I sent the metal the post master asked why people would pay to have bits of scrap metal sent, I told him that it is exactly the sort of bits people with lathes use for all sorts of projects.

I guess you have got to have a lathe to understand :)