F-B(UK) 4/5/600 yard competition including F Class

A section to arrange and discuss all our shoots and events.

Moderator: dromia

Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

Re: F-B(UK) 4/5/600 yard competition including F Class

#31 Post by Steve E »

My Suggestion would be to use 300m Metric targets at 400yds and then use the ICFRA 600yd Target at 500 and 600. 400yd is then quite a tight bull(approx 1 minute and sub 1/2 minute X ring, the 500 becomes harder them a normal NRA 500 and 600 yd ends up with a 1 minute V bull. Makes life interesting.

Steve
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#32 Post by HeatherW762 »

I think you need to seriously consider setting up a club for the forum members soon, especially with the suggestions for events coming thick & fast. It doesn't need to be HO approved if you limit it to FAC holders only, that also means that members have to also belong to another club, that is HO approved, to get their cert cards. Affiliation to the NRA (at the moment) is £60 for the club and £7 per person if they aren't NRA members. Insurance is the Bu**er! NRA Members will have it but others wont and the range pass (including insurance) is £215. Of course if they were all individual members then it wouldn't matter!

Bookings aren't open for next year yet but once they are you would logon (if you've set up a club) or email (if all NRA members) to request range space. Detail they need is:

Name
Date
Distance/s
Type of targetry
Number of targets
Markers required?
State it's a competition
Emergency contact number

Then once you get your booking confirmation everything should be ready on the day (although, in practice, it's worth phoning a few days beforehand to check!!)

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
HeatherW762

#33 Post by HeatherW762 »

Steve E wrote:My Suggestion would be to use 300m Metric targets at 400yds and then use the ICFRA 600yd Target at 500 and 600. 400yd is then quite a tight bull(approx 1 minute and sub 1/2 minute X ring, the 500 becomes harder them a normal NRA 500 and 600 yd ends up with a 1 minute V bull. Makes life interesting.

Steve
There are F Class targets for 3,5 & 600 yds. They are a bit tighter than ICFRA but, hey......... :roll:

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
rox

#34 Post by rox »

ovenpaa wrote:I can see I am going to need some advice on this as I have never set up a 'proper' competition at Bisley before even though this is going to be a modest affair. Do I need to tell the Range Office this is a competition Heather? I assume I will need to tell them which sizes/types of targets we need and make provision for getting them pasted up as we fall back.
No pasting is required. You just book the distances and indicate the target-types you want, and targets for the relevant distances will be left in the relevant places ready to be lifted into the frames. It is normally unlikely that you would fall straight back, unless you book a whole butt or major part of one, but at such a quiet time you might be lucky. There's no particular need to indicate that it is a competition, but I would probably be inclined to discuss your requirements with the range office first, just to get an idea of what space is available and the likely outcome of the range plot. Nearer the time I would call again to remind them, especially if your targetry or fall-back requirements are 'unusual'.

Are you planning to do 3 distances in a half-day session? In one of the meetings I run we shoot a Queen's II course in a half day (2+10 @ 300, 500, 600), and it is the most stressful part of the meeting - with just 2 details of 3 per target at each distance it's really tight for timing, and that's starting at 08:30 sharp with people who know exactly what the routine will be and RO's to hurry people along when changing-over and falling-back. Fewer distance changes make much more effective utilisation of target time, and are therefore more cost effective.

spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

#35 Post by spud »

ovenpaa wrote:I can see I am going to need some advice on this as I have never set up a 'proper' competition at Bisley before even though this is going to be a modest affair. Do I need to tell the Range Office this is a competition Heather? I assume I will need to tell them which sizes/types of targets we need and make provision for getting them pasted up as we fall back.

Dont forget HME as well Dave
ImageImage
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#36 Post by Ovenpaa »

spud wrote:Dont forget HME as well Dave
Yes, got it, first post:
ovenpaa wrote:Please note you will need a valid SCC and be a member of the NRA or an affiliated NRA club to shot this competition, if you are an affiliated member you will need to ask your club to book your attendance. If you are shooting HME you will need to prove zero on the day before shooting the competition so make allowances for this as the competition will start at 09:00 sharp.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

#37 Post by spud »

ovenpaa wrote:
spud wrote:Dont forget HME as well Dave
Yes, got it, first post:
ovenpaa wrote:Please note you will need a valid SCC and be a member of the NRA or an affiliated NRA club to shot this competition, if you are an affiliated member you will need to ask your club to book your attendance. If you are shooting HME you will need to prove zero on the day before shooting the competition so make allowances for this as the competition will start at 09:00 sharp.
So you did , im blind
ImageImage
HeatherW762

#38 Post by HeatherW762 »

ovenpaa wrote: if you are an affiliated member you will need to ask your club to book your attendance.
[/quote]

Just realised what you wrote here - that doesn't work as it has to be a club booking so all club members have to be invited. Sorry, back to setting up club!

Heather
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#39 Post by Steve E »

If FB-UK ends up becoming a club, I have an NRA approved club Constitution that could be used. Would just need a few tweeks to reflect the nature of the club.

Steve
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#40 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thank you for the offer Steve, the NRA also has a sample constitution however a couple of examples would be good to work from.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal