To all Match Rifle and FTR shooters - Info

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Christel
Site Admin

To all Match Rifle and FTR shooters - Info

#1 Post by Christel »

To all Match Rifle and FTR shooters

The English Eight Club and Irish Eight Club Autumn Meeting is being held at Bisley on 24 and 25 September. This Meeting is also open to FTR shooters.

Entry forms and further details may be downloaded at

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/Calend ... RA&id=2531
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: To all Match Rifle and FTR shooters - Info

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

1000/1100/1200 yards - two days cheap shooting and it will be huge fun as well. Pity it is limited to FTR only in the F Class. I suppose I could always use my AI however it would be a struggle with the skinny 'scope and 24" barrel.

Hmmm... time to rebarrel the AI maybe?

Anyone else going to sign up for this?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#3 Post by Steve E »

Would love to have shot this but it clashes with my club champs. Looks like I will have to shoot the spring meeting.

Steve
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

You are a MR shooter Steve?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#5 Post by 20series »

Pity it's the weekend after the next F-class round at Diggle (17-18th Sep), I might have had a go.

I won't get time to reload I don't think.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Steve E

#6 Post by Steve E »

I shot MR for the first time in the Imperial this year.
I shot the RWS Agg, screwed up the first 1000x shoot, took some advice from some very nice people and managed to keep every shot in the black at 1000 and 1100. Using the issued RWS(you have to buy it) I was impressed how it shot at 1100 and 1200. Best shoot was a 99.13 at 1000x.
Rifle used was a Paramount with a 1:13 Kreiger barrel with a Leupold 8-25 LR scope. One of the best tips I was given was to keep the magnification no higher than x16. Most MR shooters are still using Weaver T16 scopes though one or two are using Nightforce or Leupold.
Without ammunition the cost of the weekend was£122. Well worth the money and I shall do it next year with handloads. What was interesting is that I was shooting with experienced MR types with heavy bullets, but my RWS 155s were out shooting an awfull lot of them. As the old saying goes 'its not what you use its how you use it'. (Or perhaps I can read the wind better than some)

Steve
targetman

#7 Post by targetman »

I know this is an old topic now but just had to revive it as I have just acquired a Weaver T16 scope that is attached to a very nice Wichita actioned 7.62 target rifle with a 30" stainless barrel, Anschutz trigger, Brindles target sights, adjustable butt plate in a very well proportioned beechwood stock. The rifle was built by John Knight and the scope has his target turrets fitted.

The Weaver optics are excellent and I am looking forward to getting on the range....
Steve E

#8 Post by Steve E »

Hi Targetman

You can't go wrong with any rifle put together by John Knight. I use him for most of my rifle work and he has probably built more Match Rifles than any body else.

Steve
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

I had missed your comments on the RWS Steve so good this has been picked up again. I am a big fan of 155's at longer distances and the humble Lapua and SMK 155's seem to do very well even at 1100, personally I struggle at 1200 but this is probably down to barrel length and accordingly MV.
/d

Shed Journal
EagerNoSkill

#10 Post by EagerNoSkill »

I will be giving it a go

Dave
My beast is available for your use!
:cheers:
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.