Scorecard Plotting Coaching Meet

A section to arrange and discuss all our shoots and events.

Moderator: dromia

TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Scorecard Plotting Coaching Meet

#21 Post by TattooedGun »

I've just googled the McQueen and I don't think as a TR shooter it's going to be any good for me... the plotting and windage instruction would be highly beneficial though!!

Can only really speak for myself though... 24th and 25th sound good... too though.
Dougan

#22 Post by Dougan »

TattooedGun wrote: the plotting and windage instruction would be highly beneficial though!!
Yes, I've actually thought of going to one of these courses before - but it's my clubs last shoot of the year so I can't miss it. But there looks to be a few other shoots (McQueens and the 4/5/600 comp)...hopefully be able to make at least one of them....
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#23 Post by Steve E »

24/25 is My club champs so I will not be able to help. I will be at Bisley though, so should me able to meet up with one or two of you. Having Bill Richards as a wind coach /plotting coach is just awsome. One of the best wind coaches in the UK and probably the World.

Steve
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

All I can say is WOW! Count me in please.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#25 Post by Christel »

Heather has a magic hat :)

Yes please.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#26 Post by HeatherW762 »

TattooedGun wrote:I've just googled the McQueen and I don't think as a TR shooter it's going to be any good for me... the plotting and windage instruction would be highly beneficial though!!

Can only really speak for myself though... 24th and 25th sound good... too though.
It might be better putting a standard target on so everyone benefits.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
ex-skydiver

#27 Post by ex-skydiver »

Any coaching to read the wind and make clear notes on the windage chart would be a real step in the right direction for me and others as it's all too easy to have brain overload during competitions.

Would the charts used be "standard" ones that I have not used as I'm baffled by them or would the coach use a modified chart / scorecard?

I do use my own charts which are proving to be workable solution, but open to other ideas if it makes life easier on the firing point.
rox

#28 Post by rox »

Bear in mind that Bill is in the camp of the 'non-plotters' as far as the wind graph is concerned. His general view (unless it has changed recently) is that the wind plot only shows historic data, and your time is better spent watching what is happening and what is going to happen. Therefore, don't attend this course expecting to spend much time on wind plotting. You might get him (or someone else) to spend some time on the elevation graph though, since this is more universal in its acceptance. That said, Bill is a world class wind coach and well worth listening to if you haven't heard him before; it would be a waste of his talent to spend time on plotting - something that anyone with the knowhow can pass on.

Bill is a contributor to 'The Wind Book for Rifle Shooters':

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wind-Book-Rifle ... 1581605323

Gun Pimp

#29 Post by Gun Pimp »

I think Laurie Holland has the Miller/Cunningham book and has promised to review it for Target Shooter. The authors also sell a 'plotomatic' device which Laurie also has.

Vince
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#30 Post by Ovenpaa »

I see the Plotomatic is now available for the iPad as shot plot or similar, I have a very early windows based version that was developed by one of the original Fullbore listers
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal