Scorecard Plotting Coaching Meet

A section to arrange and discuss all our shoots and events.

Moderator: dromia

Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

Re: Scorecard Plotting Coaching Meet

#11 Post by Steve E »

ovenpaa wrote:It is very good of you to offer Steve, thank you for that, what is a good distance to work at?
Any distance really, though an all day shoot with say 600x am and 1000x pm makes it interesting and you really get to see the worth of plotting the wind.

Steve
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#12 Post by TattooedGun »

I know she's not a member of the forum, but my GF's mom would be very much interested in this meet also.

Potential Shooters
Myself (TattooedGun)
Mo (My Gf's Mom)
Ovenpaa
Dougan
Christel?

Potential Coaches
Steve E

Ooh err, I think we may need some more volunteers that know how to plot wind :oops:
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#13 Post by Steve E »

If the group stays small (6 or 7) I could probably cope by myself. Any bigger and a second coach would be needed. We need Heather, as she is a good plotter or Rox if we can entice him over from Belgium. I can see this ending up as a wind coaching and plotting day.
One thing to remember when plotting is to use score sheets that are well laid out but simple to use. I prefer to use the RAF TRC sheets and can supply them for the day.

Steve
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

I have asked Heather if she thinks doing this together with McQueen might be a good idea.

Just thinking that it would mean less waiting for ones turn to shoot?

Not contacted Phyllis due to what Steve said :)
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#15 Post by HeatherW762 »

Got an idea to combine shoot, plot practice and wind coaching course. Give me an hour or so - depending if I can get the right people on the phone - and I'll lay it out ;) ;)

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#16 Post by TattooedGun »

awesome :D :good: :good:
Christel
Site Admin

#17 Post by Christel »

Thank you Heather!

:clap: :good:
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#18 Post by HeatherW762 »

OK, so here's the idea.

The Old Sergeants Mess SC (of which I'm a member) is putting on a wind coaching course on 24/25 September. This is being run by Bill Richards - we are not worthy - and starts in the clubhouse at 17:.30 and then on the range all day on Sunday.

I've spoken to Jo - who runs the club - and she is happy to declare guest days so that anyone on the forum can join in.

I thought that we could do a plotting session in the clubhouse in the morning and then go out on the range in the afternoon to practice 'for real'. McQueen isn't really right for that but if you wanted to start early on sat am then we could do practice late morning & McQueen in the pm (might be a bit pushed though). We may also be joined by OSM members as we would advertise it to them as well.

How does that sound?

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#19 Post by Alpha1 »

Sounds bl--dy marvelous except its at Bisley and I live in the North East.
But you guys have fun sounds like a plan coming to gether.
Dougan

#20 Post by Dougan »

I can't make the 24/25th - OU on 24th and a club shoot at Bisley on 25th...I was hoping to get some extra dates shooting at Bisley, and now have 2 clashing :roll:

Personally (no matter what dates are decided) I would rather not try to do it all on one day - It would be nice to be able to watch a few others shoot, and have time to have a chat with some FB UK members.