MTC Viper Connect on my 10/22

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

MTC Viper Connect on my 10/22

#1 Post by Mike357 »

I have now received the Viper Connect scope on loan from MTC (thank you Sammie) and ordered some mounts. With everything in place I went up to the range today to zero the scope and first thoughts are it has great potential.

There have been several reviews of this scope on top of bunny bashing rifles and all have been favourable but I was curious to see how it performed on a competition gun.

This doesn't require any or at least, very little eye relief so when raised quickly to the shoulder during rapid fire competition it should come to the eye very quickly.

I'm not going to go into detail as I am writing a review on this for publication elsewhere but check out the scope at http://www.mtcoptics.co.uk/mtcScope_Con.htm

Here it is atop my Rimfire Magic 10/22. 1st competition tomorrow and it is zeroed with brand new SK Lapua HV ammo and that is a pretty looking target even although it requires a click to the right.

It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Robin128

Re: MTC Viper Connect on my 10/22

#2 Post by Robin128 »

Why not mount it towards the front of the rail?....it looks a bit in your eye.

:?:
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

It does look strange but this is as a consequence of the need to have your eye bang up against the eye piece. Mount it forward and you have to reach forward with your neck. The plus side of this type of scope is that the field of view is huge. On x12 I can see the muzzle brake through the scope and it is only a 16" barrel.
Dougan

#4 Post by Dougan »

The eye rubber on the scope looks good for rapid competitions - where did you get it from? or did it come with the scope?

Good luck in your competition tomorrow :good: - Let us know how it goes...
Mike357

#5 Post by Mike357 »

The eyepiece comes with the scope. I've tried it without it but I much refer it on. As you mount the rifle your eye just seems to meet the cup perfectly.
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

It certainly does look unusual but not odd and it looks like it works! Good luck with the comp tomorrow Mike, I look forward to reading the report and seeing some pictures.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal