August McQueen results

A section to arrange and discuss all our shoots and events.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

August McQueen results

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Duff eyed doyle admitted he might of done this before after he shot two perfect stages with 10v's in each :good:

Best V scores of the two stages were:

Duff eyed doyle 10v
Dangermouse 9v
Lapua338 7v
Ovenpaa 7v
Heather 6v
Ex-skydiver 6v
Kingsburyshot 6v
Doz 3v
KennyC 3v

Given the rain, and the general conditions I think the shooting was outstanding from all forum members, DM had been up for nearly 30 hours, KennyC was wearing shorts ( :lol: ) Heather and I were shooting Saffie milsurp and Heather had not touched an AI before or shot McQueen, erm.. Doz had a river running through his rifle and, well we were all up against it in one way or another, so no excuses just a brilliant day out and roll on the next one :goodjob:

Memorable quotes include Christel (Who flatly refused to get her 22C wet) saying her German army surplus goretex jacket was leaking, "That is why it was surplus" Was DED's reply :D
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: August McQueen results

#2 Post by 20series »

A little birdy tells me that Ovenpaa's score also includes his own CHRONOGRAPH!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

at least it wasn' someone elses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

:oops:

How on earth did you hear about that! - Apparently I only winged it so the poor little thing is safe for another day however I do need DM to confirm this....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series

#4 Post by 20series »

I am a much loved member of this forum and someone couldn't wait to drop you in it!!!! :good:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#5 Post by Mike357 »

ovenpaa wrote::oops:

How on earth did you hear about that! - Apparently I only winged it so the poor little thing is safe for another day however I do need DM to confirm this....
What has a Chrono ever done to you to justify such hatred? :o
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
20series

#6 Post by 20series »

on a serious (sort of) note, well done to all who competed and had a go :goodjob: :clap: .

I will hopefully make the next one and have a bash :good:
Dangermouse

#7 Post by Dangermouse »

Apologies for keeping it low key today, I had to get some data for loads that I need to make up tomorrow for Diggle at the weekend, and I was tired and wet.

Good to have a go at the McQueens again it has been too long now. I now have some confidence to enter again with some knowledge that I will not be waisting the entry fee. I was particularly pleased that the loads that I threw together for today were so good at 200 yards. I have 22 left which I have marked up as good for McQueens!
Not bad for a Rem 700 action.

The Chrono, that the great white chrono hunter shot, appears to have only cosmetic damage, however it was showing error on the display. I suspect that the error relates to rain water sitting on the sensors and not trying to get a message over to the shooter, re his aim! Perhaps a message of "Owe That Hurts" would be more precise.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.