First time at the Bisley Zero range

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa

Re: First time at the Bisley Zero range

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

I thought it was free but they preferred you to buy a target. As DR said, take some white patches and raid the bin as the targets are often discarded after 4-5 shots.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
targetman

#22 Post by targetman »

"I thought it was free but they preferred you to buy a target. As DR said, take some white patches and raid the bin as the targets are often discarded after 4-5 shots."

Be careful doing that, there is a notice in the NRA office that states that you must be able produce a receipt of payment to use the Zero Range if as requested.

Now, I have been using the Zero Range regularly for about 35 years and never been challenged, but there is always a first time.

With regard to costs, I think it is free at the begining of the year to satisfy the requirements that all rifles must be zeroed before being used, then it is £4 but that reduces to £1.50 during the Meeting.

I am pleased to see that the Zero Range is being extended by quite a fair amount into the old Winnans pistol range.
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#23 Post by 20series »

targetman wrote:"I am pleased to see that the Zero Range is being extended by quite a fair amount into the old Winnans pistol range.
I wondered what they were up to, I saw the excavator in the Winnans the other week.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
John25

#24 Post by John25 »

You have to pay to use the zero range. It is against range regulations not to have a target or to use the range without signing in at the Range Office.

Failure results in a fine and a ban.

Different conditions apply during the Imperial meeting.

The 'free' zero at the start of the year has been discontinued.

Only HME zero is free because we are compelled to zero HMR before each and every time we shoot.

That said, I would advocate using the zero range after altering your gun in any way or after you've had it to bits to clean it.

I still, only a short while ago heard one old fool say that he just goes up and down 'x' number of clicks until he hits the target. He was sent home.

Markers are briefed to tell the range office if someone starts spraying bullets over the Surrey countryside.

Shoot safe, it's worth the four quid!

;)
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Ovenpaa

#25 Post by Ovenpaa »

We make pilgrimages to Zero with all new rifles and at the start of the new year, last one was the S&L and Christel paid the four quid. Next to me was TR shooter with a zero target and an MR shooter with something home made, the same the time before, and before that.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John25

#26 Post by John25 »

You should dob him in if he hasn't paid. He is stealing from us!
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk