advice please

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Dangermouse

Re: advice please

#12 Post by Dangermouse »

kc,

I have a very rare, hard to come by, original Tasco 3-9 x 40 on the shelf that I could let you have for as little as £1200!

Grab your self a bargain, I could even throw some rings in!

Seriously...

Very nice scopes and very expensive for your first rifle. However, all those scopes will be with you for a lifetime and should you want to, they will fetch a good second hand price.

Check out this site that I have only just found, They have several top makes at very good prices.
http://www.northern-optics.co.uk/index.html
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Convict_keeper

#13 Post by Convict_keeper »

Dangermouse wrote:kc,
Very nice scopes and very expensive for your first rifle. However, all those scopes will be with you for a lifetime and should you want to, they will fetch a good second hand price.
its what I was thinking, get a good scope and no matter what rifle I have/get in the future it will last. And like you say if decide to change, the 2nd hand price should hold its own.

have Northern Optics in my favorites already, Sighhh the folder is HUGE now :oops:

CK
Ovenpaa

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#15 Post by Robin128 »

Convict Keeper,

Talk to Mike Evans at SGC Newport and ask him if he will do a price match.

;)

Rob
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#16 Post by pe4king »

CK
I seem to have missed this thread somehow even with having 5 days off work :cry:
IMHO You couldnt go far wrong with the AW with a 4-16 PM11 I have one and it is the biz, however if you get the chance to try one take it as not everybody gets on with the stock, there is one for sale on the gun selling site we all once belonged to (diplomatic to the end) for £3200 he also has a 5-25 PM11 (thats what it looks like but not stated) for sale seperatly not a bad price especially if you can get a deal on the scope
Just my 2d
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Actionclear

#17 Post by Actionclear »

I use a Nightforce scope NXS, but it is heavy and expensive.

Another popular scope in WA is the Weaver T24. (We have them in store) Sorry guys I did look for rules on advertising. ;)

One thing I will point out is, make sure you can reach the parallax (focus)

We have a club member that just spent $1900AU on a nightforce benchrest scope, only to find he couldn't reach this vital part of the scope without moving out of position.

The weaver has the focus knob on the side. It is very user friendly, and holds MOA very well.

Our daughter uses a Millet scope, that we purchased in the USA. It's on a .223 so it doesn't get it's insides knocked around by recoil.

My advice it to get the best scope you can afford, because it becomes expensive to replace a scope twice.
Robin128

#18 Post by Robin128 »

Convict keeper,

Nikon.

They also make good camera lenses.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/recommended_riflescopes.htm

http://www.chuckhawks.com/compared_dang ... scopes.htm

I have five Nikon scopes and wouldn't change one of them.

Rob