New wilson lbr

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: New wilson lbr

#51 Post by Gh0st »

MistAgain wrote:
Gh0st wrote:Clearly not, perhaps you should do your research first with the importers.
Why would I want to speak to an importer who may be importing dodgy firearms ?
Because is seems you have nothing else better to do.....
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Rarms

#52 Post by Rarms »

So you mean after all the cloak and dagger with the "glock" it didn't come to anything?
Gh0st

#53 Post by Gh0st »

Rarms wrote:So you mean after all the cloak and dagger with the "glock" it didn't come to anything?
We definitely covered this already
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#54 Post by TattooedGun »

Gh0st wrote:
Rarms wrote:So you mean after all the cloak and dagger with the "glock" it didn't come to anything?
Having just gone through your past posts to the point the Glock was last discussed where you offered to send Dromia pics, I wouldn't say we've "covered this", unless there's been posts that have been removed you dangled a carrot infront of everyone on the forum and gave absolutely no information. Now it appears it's just been forgotten about and it's not happening. The biggest troll on this forum in the time I've been a part of it...

So what actually happened? Or are you still sworn to secrecy by punishment of death by the mystery RFD...?
Gh0st

#55 Post by Gh0st »

There’s No secrecy. It was built and tested.

The whole idea for it was to be used as a practical pistol. It was found that it was great for plinking but when put under more load the aftermarket slide (As Glock don’t make a .22 slide and barrel) would jam. Tested various brands of .22 and could not find anything that would resolve it. So the decision was made to change tact and use a .22 that does not rely on a slide mechanism. Simple as that.

As for being a troll. Well that’s your opinion. It’s a forum where everyone hides behind their keyboards and voices their “opinions”.

MistAgain

#56 Post by MistAgain »

TattooedGun wrote:
Gh0st wrote:
Having just gone through your past posts to the point the Glock was last discussed where you offered to send Dromia pics, I wouldn't say we've "covered this", unless there's been posts that have been removed you dangled a carrot infront of everyone on the forum and gave absolutely no information. Now it appears it's just been forgotten about and it's not happening. The biggest troll on this forum in the time I've been a part of it...

So what actually happened? Or are you still sworn to secrecy by punishment of death by the mystery RFD...?
Seems hard to believe that the Glock saga started nearly 12 months ago .

First it was a Glock frame , then maybe it was a non Glock frame , but then again it was a Glock frame .

And the importing RFD is busy setting up a network of RFD's who will stock it !

Then it passed all its firing tests , and was sent to get ceracoated , sights were fitted , and low and behold ...............it wont work properly .

This suggests to me a slight lack of competence by the company doing the conversion .

Makes me wonder who paid for all the work , testing and ceracoating .
Gh0st

#57 Post by Gh0st »

Yup, Concept was started last September.

It was always a Genuine Glock frame never anything else.

Always being imported by the manufacturer, who already has established network within the UK. No one said it wouldn’t work properly. Check back through the posts. It was required for practical pistol NOT plinking. So if it couldn’t do that well it wouldn’t be worth doing.

Again your suggesting a lack of competence without knowing the facts, something you regularly do on here. Lots of people like to make assumptions....

Simple the manufacturer paid for all the work, testing and ceracoting. It’s called Research and development......

Any other criticisms while your on a roll?

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#58 Post by TattooedGun »

Gh0st wrote:Yup, Concept was started last September.

Always being imported by the manufacturer, who already has established network within the UK. No one said it wouldn’t work properly. Check back through the posts. It was required for practical pistol NOT plinking. So if it couldn’t do that well it wouldn’t be worth doing.

Again your suggesting a lack of competence without knowing the facts, something you regularly do on here. Lots of people like to make assumptions....

Simple the manufacturer paid for all the work, testing and ceracoting. It’s called Research and development......

My only criticism would be of the person who bankrolled a pistol that had been 'tested' to be ceracoted only to be found that it doesn't cycle reliably later down the line...

So it wasn't reliable with any ammo and it was shelved - surely it would have made more sense to not get it ceracoated and have that money spent on a gunsmith that could make it work?

As for my opinion on you being a troll, that hasn't changed, and I'm not alone in my assertion.
Gh0st

#59 Post by Gh0st »

TattooedGun wrote:
Gh0st wrote:Yup, Concept was started last September.

My only criticism would be of the person who bankrolled a pistol that had been 'tested' to be ceracoted only to be found that it doesn't cycle reliably later down the line...

So it wasn't reliable with any ammo and it was shelved - surely it would have made more sense to not get it ceracoated and have that money spent on a gunsmith that could make it work?

As for my opinion on you being a troll, that hasn't changed, and I'm not alone in my assertion.
Well as i am sure you are aware items such as Glocks are a damn sight cheaper in the USA so investment is a lot lower than the UK. If you are familiar with the ceracoting process you will understand that it can interfear with fit and function once parts are coated. You would be a fool to not test it after it was coated properly to make sure it met the requirements.

It was documented i know the guy manufacturing stateside and have done for a long time. We took a risk on the Glock and it didn’t work out. It’s replacement on the other hand will be more than adequate for what i wanted. Many people on here spend hundreds if not thousands on this sport. What’s a few hundred dollars split between 2 people to create something new and different to every other GSG etc out there.

I couldn’t care less if you think i am a troll or in fact others opinions are the same. So be it. Carry on with your lives as you wont be affecting mine. There is a lot of good information on this forum and some very knowledgable people.

MistAgain

#60 Post by MistAgain »

Trying to get my head around this bit.................Always being imported by the manufacturer, who already has established network within the UK

Did the RFD who was going to import it have a subsidiary company in USA ?

And if the RFD really has an established network within the UK , wha was the harm in saying who the importer?RFD was . There are certainly a few people on this board who would have asked the RFD to continue testing as they were interested in this gun . If it was legal .