Benelli Supernova Tactical 2+1 with pistol grip

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Garbear

Benelli Supernova Tactical 2+1 with pistol grip

#1 Post by Garbear »

I really like the look of the supernova tactical with the ghost ring sights, 24" barrel and pistol grip stock, only I can't find where to buy one?

This looks like the right gun but is missing the ghost ring sights, is this something I can add later?

https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/be ... r-nova-12g

I would possibly be looking to convert it to section 1 when I have a FAC.
Attachments
Supernova.PNG
RDC

Re: Benelli Supernova Tactical 2+1 with pistol grip

#2 Post by RDC »

I wasnt aware they did the supernova tactical in 24 inch, thought it was all 18 inch configs.
Primer

#3 Post by Primer »

What are you looking to shoot with it as Benelli's are not the easiest to convert from sec2 to 1 due to the bonded mag tube.

Any Benelli dealer should be able to order you one if available in the UK.
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
Garbear

#4 Post by Garbear »

Maybe I am mistakenly referring to it as the tactical model, as there is quite a lot of contradictory information out there but of course I am referring to the UK market variant.

It'll be used for PSG, it'll have to do until I can get a FAC.
Primer

#5 Post by Primer »

Garbear wrote:Maybe I am mistakenly referring to it as the tactical model, as there is quite a lot of contradictory information out there but of course I am referring to the UK market variant.

It'll be used for PSG, it'll have to do until I can get a FAC.
Pistol grip models are not great for PSG if you want to do fast reloads and any sort of sighting system is going to put you in open division rather than standard manual in PSG comps, is there a reason you want pistol grip, not being difficult or prying it's just they are not that great for PSG.

I've seen the tactical version in semi auto before at my club but not in pump, I've had the standard supernova before.

Also had the Benelli M2 (wish I never sold it as it's been my best gun I've owned), Beretta 1301, Bora box fed and tried a fair few of the others at my club.
Garbear

#6 Post by Garbear »

Thanks for the input! To be honest I already have a Beretta A400 Xtrema and I'm really happy with it, I just fancy buying something different to go along side it.

Plus I just want to try a bit of everything. It's a bit like cars, I've owned FWD, RWD, turbocharged, V6, V8, etc. Only when you have tried a variety of things can you really appreciate them.
RDC

#7 Post by RDC »

I don't know anyone who would recommend a pistol grip on a tube gun or those sights for PSG. It is awkward to load quickly compared to a traditional stock, and the sights take longer to get aligned. Also the pistol grip variant doesn't have the recoil reducing comfort-tec technology that makes the supernova easy to shoot.

*EDIT* beaten to it by Primer! lol
Primer

#8 Post by Primer »

Garbear wrote:Thanks for the input! To be honest I already have a Beretta A400 Xtrema and I'm really happy with it, I just fancy buying something different to go along side it.

Plus I just want to try a bit of everything. It's a bit like cars, I've owned FWD, RWD, turbocharged, V6, V8, etc. Only when you have tried a variety of things can you really appreciate them.
I know what you mean, I've tried a fair few now and it becomes an expensive hobby lol (when you have 3 slots on your ticket) especially when trying new loading rigs that go with them.

Might be worth finding a PSG club (unless you have one already) and seeing if they have any club guns you can try along with the different loading techniques, I quite fancy the new Typhoon F12 box fed, along with others 8-)
BamBam

#9 Post by BamBam »

I had a Benelli SuperNova with the pistol grip for a couple of years, there's a loading technique to use with a pistol grip that is still moderately fast and affords secure control of the muzzle.
The lack of comfortech stock never bothered me, in fact I find the comfortech on the snova to be a tad long and exacerbates the long reach to the slide.
Each to their own, if you're tall or have long arms you'll be fine.
Blackstuff

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

You only get bumped into Open division if the sights use lens or electronics, you can have any kind of 'iron' sight you want including fibre optic types like Easyhit.

As mentioned though, 'ghost' sights are slower for target accusation for most people than a bead/fibre optic sight. Also as mentioned, pistol grips to not lend themselves to the fastest, and now most popular, method of loading the gun (dual/quad loading). You can still 'weak hand load' and the pistol grip actually assists this but an average quad-loader will beat a good weak-hand loader in most circumstances.

As you're wanting to buy an S2 version, again, as mentioned you need to look into how easy they are to either switch to S1, which although possible is more difficult than other guns, or to sell to by a S1 gun, and given the above the market to sell to is very small = less resale value.
DVC