The New Accuracy International AX

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

The New Accuracy International AX

#1 Post by pe4king »

There isnt a smilie for drool a lot on here, but if Carlsberg did drools it would be for one (or all) of these
http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/accuracy_ax.asp
:idea: It went briefly through my mind what would I get to trade in the AW but it would only be for looks so if it aint broke and all that
Would still have one though :) :)
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: The New Accuracy International AX

#2 Post by 20series »

I'm wondering when the AICS version will be available and at what cost ;)

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Robin128

#3 Post by Robin128 »

50 cal muzzle break...wouldn't want to be along side that!

Rob
pe4king

#4 Post by pe4king »

20series wrote:I'm wondering when the AICS version will be available and at what cost ;)

Alan
I am led to believe they will be available early next year as for prices I wouldnt expect much change if any from a grand given the price of a standard AICS still well worth it IMHO, if you are interested I should speak to Graeme at Sporting Services he would be able to confirm
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

The AX is running about a year late so far, does anyone know which market it is aimed at? The L115A3 has just been adopted and I would hope will stay in service a bit longer and the L96A1 has been re-issued to designated marksmen so where does the AX fit? US market is my guess.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pe4king

#6 Post by pe4king »

US market is my guess.
I think your not far from the mark there, have you seen the new Remington loads of rails and stuff
pe4king

#7 Post by pe4king »

pe4king wrote:
US market is my guess.
I think your not far from the mark there, have you seen the new Remington loads of rails and stuff
This one
http://airsoftinformations.blogspot.com ... e-esr.html
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

I had to look twice as it was so similar to the AI offering, so what is this, a new generation of weapons based on Alien versus Predator? They have more accessory rails than a kid has blue neons on his Nova. Manufacturers building the 'tactical' look maybe in the hope that if military sales dump then at least the black clad tactical types will like them?

They look hugely impractical for maintaining or carrying through undergrowth and muddy conditions, cleaning them will become a nightmare in the field, you will need a pressure washer to get the crud out of all those holes and ports.

I am confused :shock:

/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#9 Post by Robin128 »

Got this for fox.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sim G

#10 Post by Sim G »

'Tis nice........

But an answer looking for a question?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!