Armtac RS-1 Shotgun.....it's a Saiga!!!

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Gazza

Re: Armtac RS-1 Shotgun.....it's a Saiga!!!

#41 Post by Gazza »

These Turkish affairs always seem to have some sort of terribleness attached to them initially which is not good for sales surely.
I asked the RFD what the build quality is like compared to a Saiga and got this stare ....... wtf with not a word uttered lol
I'll still try and track one down for a play but the shine is wearing off steadily.
Charlie J

#42 Post by Charlie J »

I have both a Saiga and one of these RSS1 , so far the Armsan is every bit as good as the Saiga and the build quality is nowhere need as bad as your Rfd implies , well my one isn't at least from what I can see although I am no gunsmith.

It's been just as accurate as the Saiga so much so that I was going to sell it but I like it so much I am keeping it for now.

The only thing I can't talk about is the long term reliability as I have only put 500 rounds through mine so far but will let you know if it fails.

All the best
Chas
Gazza

#43 Post by Gazza »

Would you say the build quality is as good as the Saiga Chas?
Charlie J

#44 Post by Charlie J »

Probably not but it's not shockingly bad . No worse than any other budget shotgun which at £800 ish , is what it is . It has a solid feel to it and to be honest seems too good to be true which it may prove to be in time but so far so good.
I doubt that some of the parts are of the quality of a Russian Saiga because it's Turkish and it's cheaper in price but so far I am a fan it .
I haven't had any cycling or accuracy problems but maybe I am lucky as quality control is often a problem with cheap stuff like this .
All the best
Chas
Charlie J

#45 Post by Charlie J »

Thanks Gasman for the info about mag availability have just bought two more because of you post .
Chas
Chuck

#46 Post by Chuck »

These Turkish affairs always seem to have some sort of terribleness attached to them initially which is not good for sales surely.
You'd be surprised how much stuff is made in Turkey and has a brand name stampd over it...Sales in Turkey are doing fine lol lol lol lol
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
gasman
Home club or Range: worcester norton

#47 Post by gasman »

just because Saigas are expensive over here doesn't mean they are better quality, they are a lot cheaper in Russia. its import duty, profit mark up etc that sets the price high in the UK. i am not dissing saigas by the way, would have liked one if available.
.There are plenty of u tube videos of people in the USA showing how to "file & polish" the rough bits off a Saiga to make it run smoothly !! my RS S1 has digested over 2000 rounds (28 gram 7.5's)and apart from a couple of stovepipe issues(which was down to me mounting red dot too near ejection port so spent cases clipped sight mount occasionally when ejecting),it has worked brilliantly, and i haven't filed anything smooth or polished internals.
i have had to file down the "bumps" on the rear of factory mags a little to allow them to drop free when changing though.(2 of the 3 bought).
for the money i am very pleased with the Armsan Rs S1. you get a 3 year warranty, so if it does break its covered,time will tell.
Charlie J

#48 Post by Charlie J »

Well said Gasman , I feel the same about my RSS1
Gazza

#49 Post by Gazza »

You chaps have any issue with the gas block/sight alignment?
Charlie J

#50 Post by Charlie J »

Mine seems straight and shoots as well as my Saiga , my only concern would be long term reliability but so far so good.
Chas