Ooh Long action! Fancy that!

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

tikkathreebarrels

Ooh Long action! Fancy that!

#1 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

It pi$$ing down at five ack emma I decided not to go for a stalk. After a further kip I put the 243 away and just thought I'd have a look at one or two further back.

Valmet .22 capable of benchresting: I'd quite forgotten I have this.
Tikka .308 Supersporter with long fluted TR barrel: turns out to be am M65 action which makes it a long one. Result!! Need to see how much life is left in this barrel. :clap:

Pity it's been wet to very wet all day. Sorry for the boys on Thetford Gallery Range today.
Dave 101

Re: Ooh Long action! Fancy that!

#2 Post by Dave 101 »

That Valmet was one of the rifles you bought to one of the HESA comps 4 or 5 years ago .
I havent been to Thetford since last July , I was hoping Dunmow would be having their annual shoot there again but havent heard anything this year .

Dave
tikkathreebarrels

#3 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

Dave 101 wrote:That Valmet was one of the rifles you bought to one of the HESA comps 4 or 5 years ago .
I havent been to Thetford since last July , I was hoping Dunmow would be having their annual shoot there again but havent heard anything this year .

Dave
Yes the Valmet is my pet 22 benchrest rifle - not that I've planed the bottom off the stock or anything. It's good for your mini F Class comp, good also for the Field Fire match just to shake up the scoped Anschutz shooters a bit hahaha! I keep it as a smaller cousin to my Tikkas, made in Finland and a predecessor to my Sako Finnfire Range. Maybe I should let it go.
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

tikkathreebarrels wrote:Tikka .308 Supersporter with long fluted TR barrel: turns out to be am M65 action which makes it a long one. Result!! Need to see how much life is left in this barrel. :clap:

Need pics!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!