Volquartsen pistol

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Volquartsen pistol

#11 Post by shugie »

Gh0st wrote:Personally, I’m in a position where the price is not so much of an issue. As long as the wife doesn’t want the extension for a couple of months extra.

But there are those who may not see the Value for money of £2400. If you compare the price of one £2400 gun vs any other sport and I’m merely picking a popular one of Golf. A whole set of ping clubs would only cost you £1200 for a fitted set. (For those not so much in the know of Golf, Ping are a mid to high end brand).

Shooting is NOT cheap i agree. But what ever we buy you have to justify the cost to yourself.
Compared to sailing, which is what I did most weekends before getting married and having kids, shooting isn't that bad. Mooring fees on the Hamble for one year alone would buy a very nice rifle. And the rifle will retain some value on re-sale. But if you can shoot well enough to justify the cost between, say, a K22 and the Volquartsen, then it's much better value than if you can't shoot that well and just buy it for bling.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#12 Post by Dellboy »

We all like nice things
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#13 Post by Gh0st »

Especially shiny or more recently black things.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

#14 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

I agree with most comments, it's not about the cost but more whether I could justify the the value for money...also in a good pair of hands is the Volquartsen that much more accurate than a £600 buckmark? Interestingly when I think back it wasn't just the good looks of the Volquartsen but the balance...if did feel good on the hand, didn't have the heavy nose of the buckmark. Better speak to Santa me thinks!!
Gh0st

#15 Post by Gh0st »

Is it target? Comps? You’re going to shoot?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

Keithkilvo1

#16 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

Would be used in Gallery rifle comps so want the accuracy on the slower precision elements and then the point ability on the quicker parts. I wouldn't be using in in a practical comp etc
MistAgain

#17 Post by MistAgain »

Keithkilvo1 wrote:I agree with most comments, it's not about the cost but more whether I could justify the the value for money...also in a good pair of hands is the Volquartsen that much more accurate than a £600 buckmark? Interestingly when I think back it wasn't just the good looks of the Volquartsen but the balance...if did feel good on the hand, didn't have the heavy nose of the buckmark. Better speak to Santa me thinks!!
I never could get good scores with the Ruger auto in the old days , if I had , I would have bought a Volqs ages ago .

Having said that I was rubbish with a GSP , but could sneak a 90 plus with a DES 69 .

Smith 41 was great to shoot , as was the early Browning 150 , but later Brownings never felt right for me .

Its bad enough that we have such a small selection , what makes it worse is not being able to test fire any of the options available .
Gh0st

#18 Post by Gh0st »

The laws surrounding firing them without them on your FAC are ridiculous

Keithkilvo1

#19 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

That is the other problem if you could go to a range and test fire a few makes set up in different configurations it would be easier to make the decision. It's easy to spend 1000's on a new LBP or LBR and then find you don't like it.....Bloody crazy wallhead
Martek33
Home club or Range: Nra

#20 Post by Martek33 »

I've scored very well withe the buckmark Keith , vq is a beautiful gun as are the smiths
If price wasn't an object I would always buy the best I could afford ;-)
How many comp shoters use a standard ruger ?
Don't forget the buckmark comes in various weight forms from different makers ,
I have two of steve fosketts pistols both very different balance with the different barrels,am assuming you are the Keith I know ?