August McQueen morning at Bisley

A section to arrange and discuss all our shoots and events.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Re: August McQueen morning at Bisley

#111 Post by Ovenpaa »

kingburyshot wrote:I am a range officer if you need one.
Thank you for your offer, we also have DM and myself so we should be well covered between the three of us, it also means we always have an RO on the point whilst people are shooting.

It is a shame some of the F-B'ers cannot make it as I am sure they would have enjoyed themselves and it is always good to meet up, also hopefully this will be the first of many F-B(UK) McQueen meetings so I hope we can get something arranged that allows all NRA affiliated members to shoot in the future. Right now I am not sure how it can be done but we will certainly work on it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#112 Post by bobbob »

Could FBUK be classed as a club?
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Ovenpaa

#113 Post by Ovenpaa »

It could at some point as a club does not need to have it's own range in order to exist. It would be interesting to find out what NRA affiliation/Insurance costs and if it needs to have HO approval if it was only open to FAC holders. If it was to be a primary club it would need a chairman in place to sign off SCC's etc.

I have often wondered what it costs to set up a club, what is required and what the minimum number of members it would take to make it cost effective. Right now my primary club charges GBP35/year membership and GBP12/day range fees which seems like a good deal to me however some clubs I know of charge over GBP100/year and GBP20/shoot range fees which in my opinion is excessive.

Anyone have any views on this?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
rox

#114 Post by rox »

ovenpaa wrote:I have often wondered what it costs to set up a club, what is required and what the minimum number of members it would take to make it cost effective.
NRA affiliation with a range pass is GBP 285.00 plus GBP 7.00 per non NRA member.

Application, renewal forms and info are available here:

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/member ... p?site=NRA

I'm not sure quite how (or if) things would work without home office approval, but not having HO approval or a club FAC could simplify things a great deal, but the club would not be able to function as a primary club in that case. There still needs to be a constitution, elected officers etc etc.
ovenpaa wrote:Right now my primary club charges GBP35/year membership and GBP12/day range fees which seems like a good deal to me however some clubs I know of charge over GBP100/year and GBP20/shoot range fees which in my opinion is excessive.
It depends what you are getting for the money. My portfolio includes clubs ranging from GBP 10.00 pa to GBP 200.00+ pa - the benefits vary accordingly.

Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#115 Post by Steve E »

Been lurking on this thread. Ref FB-UK being a club to book targets. I am the secretary of a club that is Affiliated to the NRA, and is not HO approved. To enable my club to book targets at Bisley, the Club has to pay a range licence as well as affiliation fee to the NRA. Also to cover insurance, all members of my club have to be individual members of the NRA, as we don't carry club insurance.
It is my understanding that for FB-UK to become a club affiliated to the NRA, it would need a Constitution, a copy of which is lodged with the NRA. A list of the officers of the club and a list of all the members. It would also need Club Insurance and pay the NRA Range licence to enable it to book targets. Of course if all members were NRA members there would be no need for separate insurance. Also the Club affiliation rate is dependant on how many Club members are not NRA members.

It is always easiest to book targets if all persons shooting are NRA members. Targets are booked under Shooter Xs name. Shooter X signs in at the range. As everybody shooting will have a competancey certificate an Accredited RCO is not necessary but may be desirable, shooter X just takes responsibility for that target and practice.

Steve
Ovenpaa

#116 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thank you both for your comments, it might be something to think about in the future if there was enough interest, right now my view is it would be difficult to fly with less than 25 members and we would probably struggle to find that many localish to Bisley people right now.
/d

Shed Journal
Dougan

#117 Post by Dougan »

OK..all those who work for the NRA...please don't read :oops:

As I only ever shoot at Bisley with my club, or as a competitor, I've never bothered to join the NRA (do you think they're still reading :-P ) - If it looked like there were going to be a few FB UK shoots each year...that would probably be the last push I needed to 'stump up' and join.....

So here's hoping that next week is a 'hit' and the first of many...... :good:
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#118 Post by HeatherW762 »

christel wrote:I think this is the list.

Ovenpaa
Christel
DM
ex-skydiver
bnz41
kingsburyshot
dave101
bobbob
lapua338
Doz
Rifleman798
kennyc
duff eyed doyle
HeatherW762
20series

HeatherW762 and 20series, please confirm?

Anyone not coming?

Anyone else who wants to come?

Hi Christel,

As a result of the Imperial I'm way behind on forum threads. So to save me trying to work out what's going on, can you confirm we are talking about the 4th Aug am McQueen? What time & distance please?

Will confirm when I get in tomorrow/today as we are trying to catch up on time owed & a shoot seems as good a reason to bunk off work as anything else!!

Thanks
Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Christel
Site Admin

#119 Post by Christel »

Hi Heather,

Great to see you on here.

Details for the shoot are...
McQueen, 4th of August, AM (8-8.30) SS 200.

What about Karen, would she be up for it?
Christel
Site Admin

#120 Post by Christel »

Count down on folks, it is Thursday this week! 3 days to go :clap:

4th of August 2011 at Bisley 8-8.30am SS 200.