August McQueen morning at Bisley

A section to arrange and discuss all our shoots and events.

Moderator: dromia

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: August McQueen morning at Bisley

#161 Post by kennyc »

IMG00221-20110804-0940.jpg
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#162 Post by Ovenpaa »

Erk... it was wet, in fact very wet, my first time to shoot I lay down and got myself comfortable only to feel cold water soaking into my crotch, if it had been warmer, or I had been older I would have started to worry.

Brilliant turn out in abysmal weather so well done to everyone who shot, plus a very special well done to Duff Eyed Doyle for some very impressive shooting, also thanks for sharing the RCO duties.

Also a big thank you to Heather for sorting out a replacement marker for us (Thank you John!) Range report and results to follow.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Doz
Past Supporter

#163 Post by Doz »

My thanks too, it was a great morning - although I wasn't sure whether I should be shooting at the target or trying to torpedo it. About to start trying to dry things out... :good:
lapua338

#164 Post by lapua338 »

Many thanks to christel and ovenpaa for arranging the shoot and for a thoroughly enjoyable morning despite the persistent and heavy rain.

Great shooting by Duff to take the win!

I only wish I could see the frickin' target through my "fogging" spectacles and eyepiece!

BTW I'm still drying out my kit!

Looking forward to next time...
Attachments
Bisley 04-08-11.JPG
duff eyed doyle
Home club or Range: OSM at Bisley

#165 Post by duff eyed doyle »

Many thanks to christel and ovenpaa for organising this mornings soaking good to see a strong turnout despite the somewhat inclement weather, judging by the smiles i think it was enjoyed by all.
Christel
Site Admin

#166 Post by Christel »

We shall do this again!

Our gear is soaked, we are soaked but we shall do it again. It was a really nice day out surrounded by nice people.

The only thing that was not up to expected standards was the start but that was purely the NRA's fault and it will be addressed.
McQueen castle was not in place at 8.30 and the marker was a no show. We started shooting about an hour later thanks to Heather's son who was woken up by his mother and came to our rescue as a marker. Well done John!

Also well done to DED who won the competition and took home the cap which was not as nice as I had wanted it to be but I will be looking at a new supplier of FB gear because I am less than happy with Ian who could not supply when I needed it.

I was so impressed all showed despite some feeling less than ideal and it was just raining for the world all morning.
All in all a great day I think all enjoyed and it will be repeated :clap:

(I was going to take pictures and I did bring my camera, I was so well prepared that I had charged the battery the day before and forgot to put the battery back into the camera so no pictures today, can someone please remind me next time!)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sim G
Past Supporter

#167 Post by Sim G »

Any chance someone can put some names to the pic out of curiosity....?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#168 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sim G wrote:Any chance someone can put some names to the pic out of curiosity....?
L-R Lapua338, Heather, Kingsburyshot, Ovenpaa, Doz's son, DED, Doz, KennyC, Christel

DM and Ex-Skydiver had to leave before the F-B(UK) Sub Aqua division McQueen team shoot photo session
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#169 Post by Dougan »

Can't believe the bloody weather today - well done for sticking it out :clap:

Can't believe the scores in those conditions either :0037:

Will try and make the next one...
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#170 Post by HeatherW762 »

Thanks for organising a great shoot - even if you couldn't organise the weather! Shame I got called away as I really enjoyed the one shoot I got & would have liked to try it again.

Did you manage to decipher/dry out the score sheet?

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)