August McQueen morning at Bisley

A section to arrange and discuss all our shoots and events.
Ovenpaa

August McQueen morning at Bisley

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Is anyone interested in shooting McQueens at Bisley sometime start of August, it would be a week day morning, cost would be GBP61 including a marker and could be split between those attending so it could be a cheap mornings shooting. I would be up for it and if anyone fancies a go and has the necessary SSC but does not have a suitable rifle they are welcome to use my AI.

Anyone?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

Re: August McQueen morning at Bisley

#2 Post by Christel »

Me

:-P
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

Love to but 600 mile round trip is TOO much!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

McQueen can be shot with just about any range legal full bore rifle that can get out to 200 yards. Single feed is certainly a workable option, as are 5 and 10 round magazines and if someone wants to shoot it with a Pre45 Action service rifle then great and I will bring mine :good:

You will also have the opportunity to shoot a couple of sighter's first to confirm your sight picture if needed.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#5 Post by HeatherW762 »

Wouldn't mind having a go. :)

One of my clubs do it a lot but always at the weekend and it tends to clash - mainly with work!

What date did you have in mind?

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

The morning of the 4th is available however I am not sure if I am! I was going to see who was interested and then put a couple of dates up. We need a few people or we will get through ammunition at a frightening rate!
/d

Shed Journal
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

#7 Post by ptheta »

Isn't it always the way, I've just gone and booked up all my remaining holidays this year on a 6 day shooting trip to Kentucky.

If you should happen to do one of these at the weekend I'd be up for it. Otherwise, I shall just have to join in next year.
Christel
Site Admin

#8 Post by Christel »

ptheta wrote:Isn't it always the way, I've just gone and booked up all my remaining holidays this year on a 6 day shooting trip to Kentucky.

If you should happen to do one of these at the weekend I'd be up for it. Otherwise, I shall just have to join in next year.
Pictures please :D
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

#9 Post by ptheta »

christel wrote:
ptheta wrote:Isn't it always the way, I've just gone and booked up all my remaining holidays this year on a 6 day shooting trip to Kentucky.

Pictures please :D
I can do better than that, going to risk my old digital camera down the end of the range on a tripod and get some facing video footage instead of the usual round the back stuff. 2500 rounds through 1911s, AKs, MAC10, M16, shotguns and a three gun match on the final day. Roll on October...
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#10 Post by bnz41 »

Hi ovenpaa,

If you make it the morning of the 4th then I would be able to attend. Bring along my mosin sniper and my zombie 223 Ar15....

Neil