August McQueen morning at Bisley

A section to arrange and discuss all our shoots and events.

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Re: August McQueen morning at Bisley

#41 Post by Christel »

Just running it past people...

I have booked 200x with a marker and a McQueen castle. £61.

Does anyone want a 100x target without a marker? It is an additional £31.50.
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#42 Post by bnz41 »

The 4th booked is this morning or afternoon?, as I have not shot this discipline before, where do we practice our zero for the castle shots, is that what the other frame would be for?
Christel
Site Admin

#43 Post by Christel »

4th, in the morning yes.

The other target was for zeroing, yes :D
Ovenpaa

#44 Post by Ovenpaa »

As the McQueen is shot at 200 a couple of sighters are normally taken when you shoot your first detail to confirm where you are. If enough are prepared to split the cost of 100 yards then it can be booked as well and would give people the chance to check loads, confirm 100 zero or chrono.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#45 Post by 20series »

ovenpaa wrote:As the McQueen is shot at 200 a couple of sighters are normally taken when you shoot your first detail to confirm where you are. If enough are prepared to split the cost of 100 yards then it can be booked as well and would give people the chance to check loads, confirm 100 zero or chrono.

Just be careful if Ovenpaa wants to use the Chrono, it normally ends in tears :wave: :wave: :run:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Christel
Site Admin

#46 Post by Christel »

Run 20series Run!

:lol:
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#47 Post by bnz41 »

Hi christel.

Morning fantastic :clap: I don't need the use of a 100yrds range thanks. Looking forward to this :good:
Dangermouse

#48 Post by Dangermouse »

I would say no to the 100 yards but yes to an additional target at 200 yards.

During competitions a sighting target is available to the left of the castles with the NRA Huns head in the middle. I would suggest phoning the range office to find out if that sighting in target is part of the deal - if not then we will need a sighting in target at 200 yards.

Again, during competitions, aside from the initial entry fee, there is often the chance to re shoot this detail at £2.00 a go. This could be a cheap and valuable training day for those that can attend.

The V bull part of the Huns head is the size of a 2p piece - so you may well hit the target with open sights but scoring a possible would be unlikely.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

#49 Post by ptheta »

Dangermouse wrote: The V bull part of the Huns head is the size of a 2p piece - so you may well hit the target with open sights but scoring a possible would be unlikely.
DM

If I was able to make it (and I'm sure I shall on some other occasion) I'd just ignore all that competitive nonsense and satisfy myself with slotting the bad guys and saving the world from the Kaiser's domination. :lol:

After all, I can't imagine that you could consistently hit a target of that size at 200m with any rifle that's even vaguely contemporary with a real Hun's head.
Ovenpaa

#50 Post by Ovenpaa »

ptheta wrote:If I was able to make it (and I'm sure I shall on some other occasion) I'd just ignore all that competitive nonsense and satisfy myself with slotting the bad guys and saving the world from the Kaiser's domination. :lol:

After all, I can't imagine that you could consistently hit a target of that size at 200m with any rifle that's even vaguely contemporary with a real Hun's head.
I am sure we can do this again and at a weekend as well so different people can also attend :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal