Cleaning the Xtrema2

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Robin128

Re: Cleaning the Xtrema2

#11 Post by Robin128 »

For the few more ounces...mine would have had the whole flock...let's face it an M2 is recoil operated...it's too slow...my Beretta will do 10 mixed cartridges in 1.8 secs...without jaming, baulking, mis-feeding...mind you, it demanded a cylinder clean after 6,000 shots :oops: .
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#12 Post by the running man »

ile reserve judgement on that,i had a 391 teckneys,and an extrema 2,sold em both,the bennei is the best shot gun ive ever owned or shot,bar none.....youre entited to youre likes and disikes though!!
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Robin128

#13 Post by Robin128 »

Showing some interest now... :D

Does the M2 come with Kickoff equivalent? My spine is a bit frail. :-P

From the reviews it will not consume anything..."The only downside to the inertia system is that the gun can be a little more cartridge sensitive than one which is gas operated."

High scores for build quality and handling.

http://www.sportinggun.co.uk/guns/36930 ... eview.html

My mate just bought one...must try it!

:good:
the running man

#14 Post by the running man »

the kick is lighter than a non semi,but i noticed no decernable diffrence in recoil when i went to the benelli. as for speed? well i cant see any diffrence there,i will say that at the shotgun practical and target shotgun events its the bennelli that dominates and is most popular.
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Sim G

#15 Post by Sim G »

Rob, listen to running man!

Anyway, if you're looking for a second gun, why another of the same unless it's a competition back-up? The Beretta may very well be a very good gun, but the Benelli is an excellent gun! As for being ammo sensative, nah, the bloke who wrote that review had to lie to give at least one negative....

My M2 has fed, fired and ejected everything from some nasty 7/8oz gunshop named #7s, to some really heavy 1 1/8oz home loaded Brenneke slug! It's never missed a beat. And fast? The inertia system is THE fastest cycling available. A gas gun could never compete.

The only disadvantage is that the Benelli is too light to my mind. The comfort gel stock does take a lot of the recoil, but honestly, if you struggle with recoil, the inertia system will punish you. Gas guns shoot so much softer.

Have you looked at the Winchester SX3? Now that's also a very, very good gun!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
the running man

#16 Post by the running man »

ile second that,the sx3 is getting popular,and its on par with the m2,i prefer mine though!!!!
Robin128

#17 Post by Robin128 »

I'm listening to both of you and have read all the contraversial reports about the M2 and its not being able to digest everything, being too light and having a heavier recoil than the Xtrema2. :good:

I'm not knocking it and I look forward to having a go of my mates...just as soon as my back calms down...my recliner burnt out this morning...had to re solder the L/T wires that chaffed against the floor...ouch ouch. Jeeeeze...my back hurts. :evil:

There is a place for the inertia sg, but I fear not in my cabinet. My Xtrema2 eats any cartridge and has a light recoil and never baulks unless I don't clean the piston. And it's the fast semi, bar none.

;)
the running man

#18 Post by the running man »

get back to us mate when uve had a go on ure mates m2,itl be intresting for all of us me thinks!!!
Robin128

#19 Post by Robin128 »

I've still got an open mind on it...so long as it does not kick my back in half...and doesn't baulk on 28s and I am no worse than a shoite shot...I might get one.

:D :good:
Blackstuff

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

Can a human actually take aimed shots at multiple targets as fast as either gun will cycle?? I think you've both bought into the marketing depts bull$hit on that one! :lol:

In this video Stage 4 (1:27 mark) i was shooting static targets at no more than 8 metres and my average split was 0.29 seconds, i've been 'told' that if the gun had a full-auto sear in it it could cycle at 0.11 by i have doubts that anyone other than those US speed shooter freaks could take advantage of that in any kind of useful way

I'm firmly in the Benelli camp btw, i'm more than willing to put up with the slightly rougher recoil and non-100% feeding of 21g cartridges for the lightness and no mucky gas parts! :good:
DVC