CSSR vs CCCP

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

CSSR vs CCCP

#1 Post by froggy »

Ahoooj,

A bit over due but I was in the CR last bank hollydays . The weather was truly magnificient and I had initially planned to go to the lakes for a bit of sunbathing. However my buddy was running a class, so I could not help dropping at the range to give him a hand & take advantage in order to get more acquainted with my new AK74 that, sadly, I hardly had a chance to properly try before as a "practical gun" .
For good measure I took the Vz and the CzP01 to practice a bit of "dynamic fun".

Side by side : CSSR vs CCCP

and some ammo 5,45x39 vs 7,62x39 for the day

Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo ...

God, I love that rifle but I am still a big big fan of the Vz58. 30 meters was the maximum distance so I cant really comment on the respective accuracy of both guns but without a shadow of a doubt the Czech rifle is a much more ergonomic & faster gun to use . I guess it is due to the long piston but, at the momment, I find double taps much easier & faster with the Vz.

Never-the-less, I am now a proud, very very proud new father of a new non Czech rifle :good:

I intend to use it as my "Black rifle class gun" and, therefore, anticipate to bash it around a fair bit. Next trip, I'll dress it with side NVA style folding stock, polymer Polish furniture etc... and safely put asside those beautifull woods for my "sunday's best"...

One of the student attending the class was a native French speaker who actually spoke very good Czech : Me & my new best buddy :good:

A Czech guy later turned up with a Galil "shorty" and a rather expensive Trijicon thingy fitted on top.
Clocking that I was intringued, he very kindly let me have a pop and unsurpringly turned down my offer to let him try my humble Kolkhoz' s proleterians tools O:-)

An other good day spent in Glorious Czech republic !
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: CSSR vs CCCP

#2 Post by TattooedGun »

Looks awesome. Can't wait for the next trip out :)
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

Very nice 74 Tovarisch.....it would look good with some plum polymer furniture.What year is it?.The 5.45x39 round is nice to shoot with noticeably less recoil than a 5.56 NATO round and pretty accurate to around 600m.......shame it isn't common over here as Saiga AKs are available in other markets in 5.45
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#4 Post by froggy »

Dunno but it's brand new. Plum would be indeed nice but, thanks to a FB member, I have a gorgeous set of black Tantal ones waiting :good:
So it will be a true "Warsaw Pact rifle" , ie : designed in the CCCP, made in Bulgaria, Polish furniture, Romanian folding stock, BieloRussian PK01, stored in Czechoslovakia . Maybe I need to find some NVA mags ?

Tattoed G - I am working on the next WE. It's gonna be a lots of new toys to try as I have decided to convert all my spare cash into every single type of light weapons issued to the CSLA before the Sterling is worth absolutly bugger-all :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
ArcofZen
Home club or Range: Tunnel Club Charmouth

#5 Post by ArcofZen »

Loving the woodwork on that AK
Wreck diving heaven... https://youtu.be/SC3QXpVy15s