safe shooters cards

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

safe shooters cards

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Any body know how you obtain these cards from the NRA. Blank cards for Civilian Clubs use of MOD ranges. Whats the procedure for obtaining them.
RDC

Re: safe shooters cards

#2 Post by RDC »

From my understanding, Club secretary applies to the NRA for them when they pay the affiliation subs, I believe. NRA individual members get them for free, NRA charges for cards for other club members who aren't NRA individual members. I think the NRA charge the club 8 quid per card.
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

I will give them a ring to morrow and see if I can get any information. Our Club Secretary resigned earlier in the year due to ill health after doing a splendid job for the last fifteen years. I have taken over the role. I have had a busy time of it getting my head around range licences bidding for ranges etc. I did not realize there was so much involved. I now need to sort renewal of safe Shooter Certificates.
I was hopping some one with more experience of the issue might be able to advise.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by Dark Skies »

The info you need should be covered here.
http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/certif ... sp?site=NR

Not the tidiest way to impart information.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

I rang the National Rifle Association to day and explained the situation to a very nice lady. She explained how the system works etc.
The new cards are in the post. Job done. Well done the National Rifle Association.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#6 Post by phaedra1106 »

I wish they'd make them smaller, I copy and shrink ours then laminate them into credit card sized pouches, much easier to fit in the wallet, I keep the originals in one of the safes :)
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Alpha1

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Good idea.
StanDeasy

#8 Post by StanDeasy »

phaedra1106 wrote:I wish they'd make them smaller, I copy and shrink ours then laminate them into credit card sized pouches, much easier to fit in the wallet, I keep the originals in one of the safes :)
Copies of Shooter Certification Cards are not valid. Read the NRA Club Agreement which your Chairman signs and is accountable for. It includes the statement:

"I understand that only cards issued by the NRA are valid. Replication of these cards is considered an NRA disciplinary offence"
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#9 Post by phaedra1106 »

Bugger :(

I shall find a pair of scissors immediately!
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Alpha1

#10 Post by Alpha1 »

Yes I read that but I still think its a good idea to make them smaller. They don't fit in your wallet.
I make all of the Clubs membership cards. Range safety brief cards. Members reloading logs attendance records etc.
The membership cards fit in your wallet the safety briefs are laminated A5 not A4. The reloading logs are hard backed in A5 booklet form so they fit in your range bag. The members attendance records are the same.
Its all so easy to do. I don't understand what the problem is.
I issue laminated membership cards on the range that fit in your wallet.