BASC

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

BASC

#1 Post by Pete »

I let my membership go a couple of years ago...........just as well, assuming this isn't "fake news", I'd be seriously dis-chuffed to discover I was paying subs to a bunch of numpties as described here.

https://www.guntrader.uk/Blog/?article=254

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Polchraine

Re: BASC

#2 Post by Polchraine »

It has been ongoing for a while - very little has been said in the open and this is the first piece to come out about it.

A pity that the full story has not been published - even just to members.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#3 Post by kennyc »

the previous occupations of some of the lead characters raised some eyebrows considering the allegations !
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#4 Post by David Nimrod »

What a farce!

With friends like these...
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

...and the new CEO is an ex LibDem spin doctor.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Polchraine

#6 Post by Polchraine »

Ovenpaa wrote:...and the new CEO is an ex LibDem spin doctor.
Not quite, or at least not yet - he is the ACTING CEO and may or may not be successful if he applies fo rthe role.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

Regardless that shameless organisation will continue with its rival "national" organisations to shaft British legal firearms owners for their own careers and vested interest.

I am unfortunately a trade member and every time I have tried to get help and advice off them I would have been as well consulting a dead rabbits entrails for the clarity and help I got all of which they refused to put in writing.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Graham M

#8 Post by Graham M »

No difference from when they took on Paul Dale, the ex Staffordshire/West Midlands chief firearms officer. He was the biggest pain in the ar$e you could imagine and spent most of his time OBSTRUCTING people's applications. He was at Stafford before they combined with West Midlands, and they couldn't wait to get rid of him. He made life absolutely unbearable for the lads at Lloyd House and after only a short time in charge almost all of the firearms officers had either left or had been forced out. The man is a monster!!!!!!!!
BASC then take him on as their firearms advisory officer who is there to HELP shooters...................

You couldn't make it up. kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk

G
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#9 Post by Gazoo »

Graham M wrote:
No difference from when they took on Paul Dale, the ex Staffordshire/West Midlands chief firearms officer. He was the biggest pain in the ar$e you could imagine and spent most of his time OBSTRUCTING people's applications. He was at Stafford before they combined with West Midlands, and they couldn't wait to get rid of him. He made life absolutely unbearable for the lads at Lloyd House and after only a short time in charge almost all of the firearms officers had either left or had been forced out. The man is a monster!!!!!!!!
BASC then take him on as their firearms advisory officer who is there to HELP shooters...................

G
I suppose it is a case of to get a good game keeper, hire a poacher......he knows all the tricks. IF he performs for his money of course.
The Libdem bloke worries me though, they are REALLY not our friends ****
Alea Jacta Est
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#10 Post by saddler »

Graham M wrote:

G
Wonder if that was the same BASC Muppet advising people INCORRECTLY on another forum about minimum lengths for S1 semi/pump shotguns (something along the lines of 24" barrel length, but NO o.a.l. requirements!!)
Pulled BASC up on this & they backed him up 100%