Fugly or not ?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

Re: Fugly or not ?

#41 Post by HH1 »

Yay! My favourite RFD has them in stock..... but only black .357 (and 9mm nickel) and I ordered a nickel .357. Fingers crossed my order arrives soon :cry:
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#42 Post by Gh0st »

So someone on one of the Facebook groups was saying that the guy who helped “develop” these in conjunction with chiappa had been shafted by the UK importer? Anyone else know about this or what happened?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
HH1

#43 Post by HH1 »

Well, I'm now the proud owner of a .357 Mag Nickel version :D

Feels light and well balanced. I will be trying it out tomorrow afternoon.

I had one on order (for 5 months) with my regular RFD but for whatever reason the Distributor didn't send one for me.
Bought this one from Derek @ Simply Firearms.... good service, friendly and helpful guy.
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#44 Post by bnz41 »

ttiuwp ttiuwp
HH1

#45 Post by HH1 »

bnz41 wrote:ttiuwp ttiuwp
Sorry, I'm not sure how to post photos without identifying myself?
HH1

#46 Post by HH1 »

The Nickel version in this video is the actual gun I bought yesterday. (when I first watched the video, I thought there was a mark on the black barrel extension, but it is perfect).

I will be trying out this Chiappa at the range later......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywYbGSgsPI
bnz41

#47 Post by bnz41 »

I know you have not shot it yet.

Can I ask what makes this revolver any better than a Taurus .38/.357 for almost double the price.

I have a slot for a revolver.
HH1

#48 Post by HH1 »

bnz41 wrote:I know you have not shot it yet.

Can I ask what makes this revolver any better than a Taurus .38/.357 for almost double the price.

I have a slot for a revolver.
I guess the same question could be asked as to why I've bought Benelli shotguns when you can get Hatsan's for less than 1/3 of the price.
My Dad bought a Taurus revolver in the late 70's / early 80's.... took it to the range and the trigger pull was horrendous. He took it back to Regi's exchanged it for a Ruger.

There are members in my clubs with Taurus LBR's.. they seem happy enough with them. One guy has them in .22rf, .357 & 44.

I love the looks of the Chiappa Rhinos... whereas the Taurus is a little bland to my eyes... just a personal choice.

One of the main selling points of the Chiappa Rhino is the lower barrel axis.... its a long time since I shoot a regular .357 Mag revolver so I can't really give a comparison.
bnz41

#49 Post by bnz41 »

Ok thanks,

I looked at one 9mm at an early Bisley show the trigger on that one was awful, the chap said these are pre production so should be better on the ones offered for sale. fingerscrossed they are.

Be interested in how yours shoots.
HH1

#50 Post by HH1 »

Okay, so I've had my first shoot with this new revolver and I'm really pleased with it.
I put a total of 90 rounds through it.... 30 rounds of .38 and the rest .357 Mag. Tried it at first with single-action. This takes a reasonable amount of effort to cock the hammer, but the tigger is then nice and light. I then switched to shooting it in double-action.... yes it takes more finger pressure to initially cock the hammer and rotate the cylinder but I actually much preferred shooting it in double action, smooth and easy.

Balance was perfect. No noticeable muzzle flip. Recoil wasn't a problem at all... just a nice linear push back. Sights are great. I took a spare Vortex red-dot with me but didn't use it as the standard Chiappa sights were so good.