Triggers...

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

TobyH

Re: Triggers...

#11 Post by TobyH »

Don't think Jewell make one for a Howa.
After looking around there's a reasonable selection, Timney, Jard, Rifle Basix and apparently Huber Concepts are in the process of designing one.

A few people have suggested Timney, would be interested to hear about the others too.

Just been shown a good picture process of how to 'tune' the standard trigger to improve it.
"Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down." - Dick Sharples
Alpha1

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

So why didnt you buy a rifle up front that would do the job with out forking out for add ons.
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Half the fun is planning and designing and dreaming, my next rifle is already on the drawing board so to speak, the difference is I will build as much of it as I can myself. Rifles are pretty simple things when you think about it, a stock, action and trigger, barrel and some sights. How hard can that be? :)

Only difference for me is the next one will be a standard chambering as I need a rest from wildcats.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TobyH

#14 Post by TobyH »

Like what?

Getting a brand new rifle, new scope, (possibly) new stock, 25MOA rail, moderator and all put together to fit my exact needs. The action is top notch as is the barrel.

Should I buy a 2nd hand rifle that someone else has customised for there own needs and have to change bits and not know the history, or pay more money for a brand new 'better' rifle that I would still have to buy a scope and probably rail and mod?

The only other realistic choice would be something like the Rem700, but to get it to the standard I want would either mean paying for a 'Police' model (and buying scope etc) or modifying a lower model.

All my previous rifles have been 2nd hand, it'll be nice to get a new one.

Sorry if that sounded a bit short ( I just re-read it!), it wasn't meant to be! I'm just not sure how I could have done it differently with the budget I have and get exactly what I want.
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

No problem I normally shoot milsurp rifles. I was just curious as to why you would buy what is obviously a very good rifle out of the box and then modify it. It will be a very nice rifle when finnished I take it you are shooting Fclass.
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

I just noticed you said fitted for moderator I guess its not Fclass. :lol:
TobyH

#17 Post by TobyH »

I think I'm a little way off F-Class. I'm not really the competative sort (ok maybe just a bit!). For me its getting the best out of what I've got and pushing the limits.

The standard rifle is good (apparently) but just needs some tweaks to get it to where I want it to be.

Trouble is I'm an engineer by trade and can't help fiddling with things!! Never happy until its just right, but then of course something else needs tweaking when I get there!! :mrgreen:
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

Half the fun is planning and designing and dreaming, my next rifle is already on the drawing board so to speak, the difference is I will build as much of it as I can myself. Rifles are pretty simple things when you think about it, a stock, action and trigger, barrel and some sights. How hard can that be? :)

Only difference for me is the next one will be a standard chambering as I need a rest from wildcats.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#19 Post by Robin128 »

Have you ever changed a barrel yourself?

Rob
TobyH

#20 Post by TobyH »

If I had a bit more money then that would definitely be something I would look into. There's some really nice bits of kit out there that put together would make a fantastic rifle. I guess it all depends on what you want it to do at the end of the day...