"3 guns"

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

"3 guns"

#1 Post by froggy »

This is the copy of a reply to a post on an dedicated Czech weapons forum about 3 guns. It might interest your guys as well.

XXX ...
Most interesting write-up & feed-back on your 3G experience ! Many thanks.

Must confess I am also a complete sucker for dynamic shooting :)
There is something about trying to perform tasks precisely & remain accurate with adrenaline pumping that makes dynamic shooting so great. I also 100% agree with you that the added pressure of the clock makes you, IMO, a better or at least a much much confident & safer shooter.

I now find static shooting a tad tedious so I try to organise for UK shooters something similar to 3 Guns in the Czech Republic. Sadly, nothing as good as your well developped 3 guns challenge you shot in the US. We do short parcours using multiple guns in each run according to the situation, trying to include everything that you would learn during a Tac class, ie : tac or speed reloads, forced malfunctioning management etc..

Waiting for the "Bip" ...

So far I have always used a Glock 17 but for the next one can' t wait to shoot it with my new P01 Omega ;)

I run my standard open sights Vz58 as my rifle or sometimes my krink M92. It is also a great little rifle but the fire selector is not as intuitive as the Vz's and I have not yet managed to operate it as fast as the Vz.

At that point in the run, we had to use a "found" Glock that had a double-feed pre-prepared ( could be any other malfunction), clear it and of course engage asap,

Shot-gun is a "Turkish" jobby, not mine, nothing as remotely as sexy as your splendid verp12 ... (ok ... I am truly very jealous there ;) )

Each trips we try to create new scenarios, barricades etc ... I am currently looking for a suitable range where we could do "4 guns" and introduce a true longer run follow with some bolt action (or SVD ;) ) shooting on minimum 100 meters or longer range targets and possibly a "wounded" drag to get a tad sweatier and justify the end of day's consumpsion of excellent Czech beer ;).

Trips after trips it is getting better & better and I appreciate it probaly looks all a bit amateurish to you guys, but it is the best I can come up with to shot something that we can not shoot with proper guns in the UK.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Blackstuff

Re: "3 guns"

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Dynamic shooting, especially 3 gun is the cats whiskers as far as I'm concerned! Switching between firearms is pretty difficult to do well. I've only shot two 3 Gun comps and despite being reasonably competent with a shotgun and rifle, less so with a pistol, AND despite the ones I've shot having very basic CoF they were still challenging! Looking forward to doing more! Would be nice to use a proper rifle too, rather than a .22 or pistol caliber carbine
DVC
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#3 Post by TattooedGun »

Great writeup.

I started one but am still waiting on photos... ;) :D

Blackstuff - get involved, theres another trip in July :D
Blackstuff

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

Yeah.... I ran that one passed the boss and it was 'computer says no', basically until the new bathroom is done 8-) Think it'll be next year before I get to play over there.....
DVC
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#5 Post by shugie »

Blackstuff wrote:Yeah.... I ran that one passed the boss and it was 'computer says no', basically until the new bathroom is done 8-) Think it'll be next year before I get to play over there.....
Those sorts of computers aren't always that consistent, sometimes if you ask the same question in a slightly different way on a more auspicious occasion you can get a better standard of answer.

I'm hoping our Gallic colleague can be persuaded to do another visit to the Czech Republic later in the year, I've very much enjoyed my time there.
Careful now/that sort of thing
safetyfirst

#6 Post by safetyfirst »

I'd love to do some of this. I've signed up for the mattersey steels in the meantime and I might try and make a NWCP mini rifle night this month.
Blackstuff

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

shugie wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:Yeah.... I ran that one passed the boss and it was 'computer says no', basically until the new bathroom is done 8-) Think it'll be next year before I get to play over there.....
Those sorts of computers aren't always that consistent, sometimes if you ask the same question in a slightly different way on a more auspicious occasion you can get a better standard of answer.

I'm hoping our Gallic colleague can be persuaded to do another visit to the Czech Republic later in the year, I've very much enjoyed my time there.
As in "Just nipping out to the shops dear" on the Friday and coming back on the Sunday night? lol
DVC
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#8 Post by TattooedGun »

Blackstuff wrote:
shugie wrote:

As in "Just nipping out to the shops dear" on the Friday and coming back on the Sunday night? lol
Sounds like a plan!
:good:
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#9 Post by Dellboy »

Can someone pm me some details as we are planning a trip in Sept
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.